This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is a delicious dinner recipe that is simple and flavorful. Pasta is boiled in broth and spices and mixed with whipping cream and chicken chunks making this dish amazing!
Creamy Lemon Pasta
With as often as my family gets together, pastas dishes are a staple. They are quick, easy, and can feed a lot. We’re always on the hunt for new, simple, delicious pasta dishes and today’s recipe happens to be one of those. This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is one of those recipes that we really feel is worthy to share and is a must-try!
This particular recipe is made a little differently than our typical recipes where the pasta is prepared and a sauce is made separately. Having said that, it’s still simple since it’s pretty much made in 1 pot!
How to make Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
The pasta in this recipe is cooked in chicken broth which makes it so flavorful. After the chicken is seasoned, cooked and cubed, it’s added to the cooked pasta along with some whipping cream which makes it very creamy. We ended up changing a few things since we have a large family to feed, so we doubled the amount of pasta and also increased the amount of whipping cream to make sure it wasn’t too dry and was more creamy.
It ended up being perfect and fed about 10 of us. If you are looking for a recipe that feeds fewer people, you can half this one or just use the original recipe. 😉
We loved how flavorful this dish was even without cheese. If you still would like to add cheese, just add some grated Parmesan or even some shredded Mozzarella cheese at the end to make it even more tasty. Either way, we think you’ll enjoy it.
For more Chicken & Pasta dishes, be sure to try:
- Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in half
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 16 ounces penne pasta (cooked as directed on box)
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Prepare chicken by squeezing lemon over both sides and seasoning with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add remaining teaspoon of garlic powder and pepper to chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta. Cook over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, approximately 25 minutes.
- Cut up your chicken into bite-sized pieces and stir in to your pasta, along with the whipping cream and lemon zest. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring every minute. Remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes before stirring and serving. (Sprinkle shredded or grated cheese on top if desired)
Adapted from Allrecipes.com