Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Why is pasta sooo good? I mean, I just cant seem to stay away from any kind of pasta dish. They come in so many different shapes, colors, varieties and flavors – you just really can’t go wrong. Today’s recipe is simple and delicious and perfect for any upcoming get togethers, picnics or parties. It’s a Bruschetta Chicken Pasta that is full of flavor and filled with all your favorite ingredients including tomatoes, basil, chicken and Parmesan! It has a very simple but yummy taste that is sure to please anyone in the family. I’m thinking it would be great for barbecues and family get togethers. The best part? It’s a cinch to put together and tastes amazing!
If you love all things bruschetta, then you’ll definitely love this pasta salad. Here is the printable recipe:
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 20 grape tomatoes I used about half a package
- 1 tbsp salad vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 leaves fresh basil finely chopped
- 10 oz penne cooked
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- shaved parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in hot oil. Add whole tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste and saute for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften.
- Add salad vinegar, let reduce for a few minutes, then add in the chicken broth and chicken cubes. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss to coat. Top with shaved Parmesan. Serve warm.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 5-6
ANY CHANGES MADE: used salad vinegar instead of white, 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed, 10 oz penne pasta
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
I also stick to my classic Pasta Salad for barbecues, so I’m glad I have another one that will be a hit!
For more great pasta salad dishes, check out:
For all Side Dish recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.