Easy and flavorful Bruschetta Chicken Pasta is a hot pasta dish filled with all the flavors of classic bruschetta—chicken, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella.
Bruschetta is one of our favorite appetizers, so much so, that we have multiple variations, including a Bruschetta Chicken. This recipe has all the same flavors as bruschetta chicken, but in a pasta dish!
SO GOOD + SO EASY
Why is pasta sooo good?!
I just can’t seem to stay away from any kind of pasta dish. They come in so many different shapes, colors, varieties and flavors – you just really can’t go wrong.
Bruschetta is a simple Italian appetizer that consists of toasted bread rubbed with Olive oil that is typically topped with a mixture of garlic, salt, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and cheese.
We have converted this into a Bruschetta Chicken Pasta dish that is both simple and delicious.
This dish is simple, delicious and a cinch to put together. Not to mention it tastes amazing! Serve it up with some warm Garlic Bread or a Caesar Salad to round out the meal.
Making Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
CHICKEN. Add oil to a large pot or deep skillet and heat on medium heat. Add chicken and brown for a few minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
BOIL. In the same spot, add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, linguine pasta, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil.
SIMMER. Once there is a boil, add the chicken and lower the temperature. Simmer for 8 minutes.
COMBINE. Add the heavy cream, cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella balls, and Parmesan cheese and stir well to combine.
SERVE. Serve and add any additional cheese on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Make Your Own Balsamic Glaze
Using just 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup of brown sugar, you can make your own balsamic glaze!
- Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small pan and heat over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and is reduced to about 1/4-½ cup (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. It should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
You can replace the fresh tomatoes with canned, diced tomatoes (drained) but I suggest sticking with fresh tomatoes for the best results. It will always taste much better if you do. My favorite ones to use are grape tomatoes. You can also use diced roma tomatoes.
- Switch the chicken out for shrimp or add chopped bacon on top.
- Drizzle a little balsamic glaze on top to add some sweetness.
- If you prefer a different cheese, Romano cheese also works great in this dish.
- Add in some of your favorite veggies. Zucchini, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, or asparagus would all be great choices.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container. It should last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warm. If the leftover pasta seems dry, then just add a little bit of Olive oil to it.
To make this dish ahead, cook and cube the chicken breasts ahead of time. You can follow this recipe here or use a chopped rotisserie chicken.
For more great Chicken pastaS, check out:
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 cloves minced garlic minced
- 1 lb linguine pasta dry
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes) with parsley flakes
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
- fresh basil
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella for topping
- balsamic glaze topping
- Add oil to a large pot and heat on medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown for a few minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same spot, add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, linguine pasta, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil.
- Once there is a boil, add the chicken and lower the temperature. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella balls, and Parmesan cheese and toss well to combine.
- Serve and add any additional cheese on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Simple ingredients always make the best meals 🙂 Thank you !
It sure does!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
“ANY CHANGES MADE: used salad vinegar instead of white, 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed, 10 oz penne pasta”
I’m confused by this? that’s what the recipe says is used. So what does “any changes made” mean?
That is what we did to change the recipe from where we found it 🙂
Love this meal! It’s simple, but so tasty!! My family never complains when I make this!
At first glance it looks like mini marshmallows are used LOL Thankfully its mozzarella and all the flavors of the dish work well together. Great easy recipe!
Pasta dishes are such a favorite in our home! Simple but yet so tasty and very satisfying. We really like adding this recipe to our rotation.