This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fresh and filling Tortellini Salad whips up in minutes for a delicious summer salad topped with creamy ranch dressing.
This simple Tortellini Salad has become a go-to for BBQs, holidays, and summer. We love our Spinach and Tortellini Salad, as well as our Steak and Tortellini Salad, but this version is by far the easiest!
Quick + Easy Tortellini Salad
One dish my little sister always does is Fried Zucchini. I almost always do desserts. And my older sister always does one of two salads she’s famous for – Ramen Noodle Salad and today’s Tortellini Salad.
The tortellini is the perfect ingredient for this salad making it a favorite for everyone.
I’ve brought this to a few functions and I’ve never come home with any leftovers—it’s quite the hit. We especially love to make it in the summertime.
So quick – so simple!
This Tortellini Salad with Ranch Dressing is quick and simple!
The most time-consuming part is cooking up the tortellini (choose your favorite – we like the classic cheese tortellini from Buitoni). Once that’s done, you only have minutes of prepping.
LETTUCE. Pour lettuce into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
TORTELLINI. Layer cooked tortellini on top of the lettuce along with the grape tomatoes.
DRESSING. Sprinkle with Ranch and bacon bits right before serving.
Cooking tortellini. Use fresh tortellini from the refrigerated section or buy a package from the freezer section.
This recipe uses cheese tortellini, but other types may be used such as spinach and cheese tortellini or meat tortellini.
Tortellini can be found in different colors. It doesn’t affect the flavor just the appearance.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. In general, fill a medium to large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the tortellini.
- Cook fresh tortellini for about 6-7 minutes and frozen tortellini for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry before adding it to the salad.
Alternative ingredients. I love the simplicity of this Bacon Ranch Tortellini Salad. There are only a few ingredients, but they pair well together with lots of flavors.
With that said, the salad makes a great base to toss in other ingredients. Add anything you think will taste great together:
- Extra veggies. bell peppers, red onion, diced avocado, spinach, artichoke hearts, cucumber, or black olives.
- Cheese. Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, or feta cheese.
Bacon. Easily use bacon bits from the grocery store, however, fresh-cooked bacon tastes the best.
Make ahead of time. Prepare Easy Tortellini Salad and keep it covered in the fridge. Store the bacon and Ranch in separate containers. Combine them right before serving.
Once ready to serve, drizzle on ranch and bacon bits.
STORE. Place Ranch Tortellini Salad in an air-tight container and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Dressed salad tends to get soggy, so it does not store for long.
All you need is mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk and some basic seasonings to make your own Ranch that tastes so much better than store-bought. The complete ingredient list and instructions can be found in our Homemade Ranch Dressing post.
For more Salad Recipes:
Easy Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 3 romaine lettuce heads
- 1 20 oz. bag cheese tortellini cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing homemade ranch is our favorite
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Pour lettuce into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Layer cooked tortellini on top of the lettuce along with the grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with ranch and bacon bits right before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.