Fabulously sweet and a little crispy, these caramelized Brussel sprouts are one of our favorite side dishes! Even your pickiest eater will enjoy this recipe.
Glazed brussel sprouts
This caramelized Brussel sprout recipe is another to add to that great list. Simple – and yummy!
These Brussel sprouts are a little sweet and perfectly caramelized for a little crunch. This healthy side dish is one that everyone enjoys—even picky eaters! If you’ve never tried Brussel sprouts, this recipe is one you should definitely start with. Lightly sweet and oh so delicious.
how to Caramelize Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients for caramelized Brussel sprouts include:
- Brussel sprouts (cut in half)
- brown sugar
- salt & pepper
BOIL. Begin by placing sprouts in a pan with the cut side down. Add in the water and butter and bring everything to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and boil for 5 minutes.
SIMMER. Turn the heat to low, add brown sugar and simmer the sprouts (uncovered) for 10-12 minutes.
COOK. Turn the heat back to high and cook the Brussel sprouts until all the water has evaporated and the sprouts are tender- this should take about 5 more minutes. Remove the sprouts from the heat. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
The Perfect Side Dish + how to store
Brussel sprouts make the perfect side dish for almost any dinner meal. Here are some of our favorite dinners to serve them with:
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Ranch Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Best Roast Chicken
- Pot Roast
- Easy Meatloaf
We hope you love this caramelized Brussel sprout recipe as much as we do! ENJOY!
If you like glazed veggies, you should try:
Caramelized Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Place sprouts in pan (cut side down), and add water and butter and bring to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat; cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn to low, add brown sugar and simmer (uncovered) for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn back to high and cook until all the water is evaporated and sprouts are tender (about 5 more minutes).
- Remove from heat. Salt and Pepper, and enjoy!