You guys! I think I’m addicted to red potatoes. They’re my recent veggie crush, and we’ve been enjoying them over the last few months due to the recent obsession. We’ve prepared them several ways, but our favorite way has been by baking them. We also like to make our Candied Carrots as a side and I thought I would combine the two. That’s right – I would make red potatoes the same way I make my candied carrots. The result?! A delicious new side dish that I can’t get enough of – Brown Sugar Glazed Red Potatoes. I even had some girls from church over while I made them and they agreed that they were simple and delicious.
Now, I know side dishes aren’t always a necessity, but it’s nice to have a list of simple sides and this recipe will be added to that list. It takes a little bit of time for the potatoes to get tender, but little work is involved and the result is worth it. 😉
We’ve enjoyed Glazed Carrots for so long, so we are happy to have a similar version with this recipe. They’re a great side dish to any family or holiday meal!
For more red potato recipes, check out:
How to make Glazed Red Potatoes:
- 4-6 red potatoes (cubed)
- ½ cup water
- 1½ TB butter
- 1½ TB brown sugar
- parsley (or your favorite spice)
- garlic Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring red potatoes, water, butter and brown sugar to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Turn to low and simmer for approximately 6 minutes.
- Turn back to high and cook until all the water is evaporated and potatoes s are tender. It took me another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Salt and Pepper, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!