Mashed Potatoes have been one of my favorite dishes since I was little. I think I’m just a potato lover, in general, but there’s something about creamy, buttery potatoes that are just so irresistible! Today’s recipe is no different. These Mashed Parmesan Potatoes have already been declared a new favorite. We made them this summer and realized that they weren’t only simple, but they were delicious. Different than typical mashed potatoes, we used red potatoes to make these and added a bit more flavor.
We loved this recipe for so many reasons, but mostly because it felt like were getting the delicious restaurant-style potatoes that are so addicting. The reason why? The recipe calls for half & half, butter, sour cream AND Parmesan cheese. You really can’t make bad potatoes when all of that is included. 😉
So creamy and so cheesy!
If you want to fancy things up for a side dish or holiday meal, I highly recommend trying this recipe. Like I mentioned, it was simple and so flavorful and may just be our new favorite mashed potato recipe. 😀
For more mashed potato recipes, check out:
Mashed Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 1/2-2 tbsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
In a large pot, place potatoes and 1 TB salt and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- In a small sauce pan, heat half & half and butter.
- Drain potatoes and place in mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are broken up. Slowly add heated up half & half and butter until mixed together.
- Fold in sour cream, cheese, remaining salt, and pepper. Pour into a casserole dish and serve warm. ENJOY!