Hi there! Are you scouring Pinterest for dinner ideas for the week? If so, look no further! I have another great casserole dish, that I think you’re going to like. And surprisingly, it doesn’t call for cream of chicken. 🙂 Instead, this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole calls for yummy ingredients like ham, Swiss cheese, freshly squeezed lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and is topped with crunchy, parsley-topped, panko crumbs.
This recipe was found on Tasty Kitchen and was a big hit with the adults AND the kids, which always makes for a perfect, new, go-to recipe that makes life easier! You guys know that we are all about easy dinner recipes, and we really think you’ll love this one. It’s obviously a take on Chicken Cordon Bleu but in a casserole form and since everyone loves casserole, we know you’ll love this dish.
Layer bottom with cooked chicken.
Add on chopped ham pieces.MY OTHER RECIPES
Add the cheese…
Top with sauce and Panko crumbs!
For as long as I can remember, we’ve always liked Chicken Cordon Bleu, so to have it in a casserole form makes it even better. There are so many delicious flavors in this recipe, we think you’ll like it too. 😉
For more chicken casseroles, check out:
How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ lbs thin sliced Honey Ham, chopped
- ¼ lbs thin sliced baby Swiss cheese
- 8 TB butter
- 4 TB flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 TB Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- 1-½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4 TB Butter, Melted
- ½ tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1-½ tsp Crushed Dried Parsley
- Spread shredded chicken on the bottom of a buttered 9x13" baking dish. Scatter chopped ham over the top of the chicken. Lay Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- In a large sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, quickly stir in the flour to form a smooth roux. Once smooth and bubbly, slowly pour in milk while whisking. Stir until sauce thickens. Add lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, smoked paprika and white pepper to the sauce. Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Pour evenly over the casserole and around the edges of the pan.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir in the Panko bread crumbs and dried parsley. Sprinkle over the top of your casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen.