We have another Tried and True recipe that is sure to please and be a hit with the family. We’ve talked about our need for having several delicious dinner ideas. I mean, we have to have dinner every day and making the same 10 dishes over and over isn’t going to work – at least, not in my family. 😉 One kind of dish we like to make that is usually simple and a hit with everyone is casseroles. When you have a large family, like ours, it seems like you cant go wrong with them and they tend to feed a lot. They’re great for a last-minute meals, or even to prepare the night before to cook up on a busy day. We love finding new ways to make a boring dish fun and exciting. I think this Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole is a new fun twist on a traditional chicken bake. It was really creamy and simple enough for the kids to enjoy too because all the ingredients are kid-approved (chicken, crescent rolls, cheese!) It reminded me of the Chicken Crescent Roll Bundles we’ve loved for years, and if you love casseroles and the flavors of chicken, sour cream, cheese and cream of chicken soup (I mean, who doesn’t?!) then you’ll love this dish!
Here is the printable recipe:
Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole Recipe
- 1 rotsserie chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 8 large crescent rolls Big and Flaky kind
- 2 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided in half
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- One at a time, place crescent roll on a flat surface and add a heaping scoop of chicken mix. Roll up and pinch any openings to seal. Repeat with each roll. Set aside leftover chicken. Place rolls in a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, heat soup, milk, sour cream and 1 cup cheese in a pot over medium heat, stirring until cheese has melted. Keep warm on low.
- After 10 minutes of baking, remove rolls from oven, pour remaining chicken mixture around the rolls, top with sauce and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove and serve warm. Enjoy.
Here are some more of our favorite chicken dinner recipes:
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Cheesy Macaroni Chicken Bake
- French Onion Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole