The best crunchy Chinese chicken salad with undeniably delicious flavors that will make you coming back for seconds and thirds! We love this recipe!!
This Chinese chicken salad recipe is definitely a family favorite in our home. It’s on our weekly dinner menu almost monthly or more.
The flavors are addicting and I am always craving it. Something about that amazing dressing just makes it the best salad ever.
I love the combination of the chicken, cabbage, and crunchy noodles on top. Extra crunchy noodles please! You can never have too many.
This recipe tastes like something you’d order at a restaurant but in the comfort of your own kitchen and home. That’s a winning recipe in my book!
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing
The dressing is the star in this recipe. The ingredients are as follows:
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- all spice
- rice wine vinegar
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
Mix all of the dressing ingredients (except oils) to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until well blended. Add in the oils and shake for another 3 minutes, or until oils are emulsified into the vinegar. Chill this dressing for at least 2 hours.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD. Add all of the salad ingredients to a big bowl. Pour the chilled dressing over it right before serving. Toss and top with additional sesame seeds and crunchy noodles.
Need to make this ahead of time? Just combine all salad ingredients and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. Toss it with the dressing right before you’re ready to serve it.
Other optional ingredients you could add:
- chopped green onions
- roasted slivered almonds
- fried wontons
- romaine lettuce
For more Asian salad recipes, check out:
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups napa cabbage finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot finely julienned
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup crunchy noodles
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Add all dressing ingredients (except oils) to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until well blended. Add oils and shake for another 3 minutes, or until oils are emulsified into the vinegar. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Add salad ingredients to bowl and pour dressing over it right before serving and toss. Top with additional sesame seeds and crunchy noodles.