Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
I love spring time in Arizona!! The weather starts to warm up and everyone is outside enjoying the weather before it gets too hot. Yes, it gets so hot that you really don’t go outside unless you’re swimming – or it’s night time. It’s pretty pathetic, BUT I must say – we do have the best spring and winter. 😉
As we soak up the cooler temps before summer hits, there are loads of picnics, barbecues and outside get togethers to celebrate and enjoy one another’s company. It’s the perfect time to enjoy some delicious salads (and as much fruit as possible). We recently tried an Asian Chicken Noodle Salad that was a hit with the entire family. We had made similar salads before but decided to try a different dressing. We loved the homemade dressing we made with another Asian salad so much, that we used the same dressing and it made this salad so tasty and flavorful. If you love these kinds of salads as much we do, then we recommend trying it out. It’s simple to make and is sure to be a hit at your next get together.
Here is the printable recipe:
- 1 - 3 oz. package of ramen noodle soup mix
- 1 - 14 oz. package coleslaw blend
- 1½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup peanuts
- green onions (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 TB sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 TB oil
- Mix all dressing ingredients (except oils) to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until well blended. Add oils and shake for another 3 minutes, or until oils are emulsified into the vinegar. Chill for 2 hours, at least.
- Break ramen noodles into smaller pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add cole slaw, chicken and nuts. Mix together.
- Top with dressing right before serving and mix well, topping with sliced green onions. ENJOY!
For all Salad ideas go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.