Crack chicken in a crock pot is simple and tasty. Everyone is sure to love this creamy, cheesy chicken dish.
Shredded crack chicken can be utilized in many variations, and makes a yummy left over. Try pairing with Easy Coleslaw, or for more shredded meat goodness check out Café Rio Shredded Chicken and Pulled Pork.
what is crack chicken?
I thought the name “crack” chicken came from how deliciously addicting this chicken is, but apparently I was way off! Although it IS crazy delicious.
It turns out “crack” is actually a term used for a certain combination of ingredients: cheese, Ranch seasoning and bacon. Aside from crack chicken there’s crack bread, crack pasta, crack dip. All referring to the use of those 3 ingredients.
Crack chicken uses the flavoring from my favorite ranch dressing and combines my equal love of bacon for a delicious dish that can be enjoyed in so many different ways!
Crock pot crack chicken
COOK. Spray a crock pot with cooking spray, then place the chicken breasts in the pot. Add the cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and hot sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
SHRED, MIX & COOK. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with two forks. Stir the cream cheese mixture in the pot until smooth, then add the chicken back into the pot. Stir in the grated cheese. Cover and cook 30-60 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
SERVE. To serve, scoop the chicken onto the hamburger buns and top with bacon.
- You do not need to add water to the pot as the chicken will release its own natural juices.
- For even more flavorful chicken use boneless chicken thighs.
- Double or triple the recipe for larger crowds or to freeze some for later.
How to serve this tasty crack chicken:
- in a hamburger bun
- over rice
- over noodles
- wrapped in a tortilla
- in a lettuce wrap
- with crackers
- over a baked potato
- with pretzel rolls
Not only can you change up the methods of serving, but you can also add mushrooms, diced chilies or jalapenos, red or green onions, diced tomatoes or add a slice of American cheese to the sandwich.
Store & freeze
Make ahead and STORE covered in the fridge 3-4 days.
FREEZE in a ziploc or storage container for 1-2 months.
REHEAT in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove. Add a bit of milk to smooth it out as it warms.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken Scallopini
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Mayo Parmesan Chicken Bake
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
Crack Chicken Recipe
for the chicken:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon fried until crisp
- Spray a crock pot with cooking spray, then place the chicken breasts in the pot. Add the cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and hot sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with two forks. Stir the cream cheese mixture in the pot until smooth, then add the chicken back into the pot. Stir in the grated cheese. Cover and cook 30-60 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- To serve, scoop the chicken onto the hamburger buns and top with bacon.
All my favorite ingredients!! This chicken is amazing & delicious! Will be making again!
This chicken is so good. I had to get three servings of this before I could not eat anymore, though I wanted to. Amazing recipe and will be making again soon.
I can see why this is called crack chicken, it is so hard to stop eating! I loved the bit of kick from the hot sauce. And of course bacon makes everything better. A hit with the whole family!
This chicken was incredible, I served it with pretzels and we used it as dip, I could not get enough! This will be perfect for family movie nights!
A simple chicken recipe that can be used in several different ways.
My kids prefer chicken over red meat and I’m always looking for new ways to cook it. This is definitely on the rotation.
This recipe is a staple in my crockpot rotation! My kids and husband love this one!! During our busy sports season, we have this at least a few times a month. It also works great as a meal to take to others.
thanks for sharing this is a very great article
Thanks for sharing such important articles. It is really helpful for me, It contains so much good information and advantages Thank you so much for sharing such a piece of wonderful information.