Hi, it’s me Lily – again!!
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope your day has been super fun. It’s been super fun for me. We exchanged gifts and Valentine’s this morning and we are having friends over tonight. We are eating food and playing games, and I know it will be so fun.
We made some cookies yesterday for tonight. Have you had Swig Cookies before? I haven’t but my mom has so she said we should try them. We did, and they were AWESOME!! My favorite part was the frosting. YUM!!
If you like yummy cookies then you should try these. 🙂
Copycat Swig Cookies Recipe
- 6 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- red food coloring
- Begin by creaming together butter, oil, sugars, water and eggs in your mixer. Mix for a few minutes until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture.
- Mix all ingredients until they are well combined. Dough should not be sticky.
- Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- To give the cookies their cracked edges, place ¼ cup sugar and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl. Place the bottom of a glass into this mixture and then press it onto your ball of dough. The diameter of the bottom of the glass I used was 2.5 inches.
- Press cookies until they are a bit wider than the glass bottom diameter (my cookies were about 3 inches in diameter) and cook at 350 for 8 minutes. Cookies end up being about 3.5 inches in diameter after being baked.
- Let cool and place in fridge.
- For the frosting mix butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, salt, 1 drop food coloring and almond extract. Mix well and add the desired amount of milk you want to get it the thickness you want. I only added a few tablespoons.
- Spread frosting on cookies right before serving.
Recipe adapted from Vintage Revivals.
Rolled my dough balls to be 1.5″ diameter.
Using a cup with a 2.5″ base diameter, I pressed cookies to a ⅜″ thickness and 3″ diameter.
When cookies were cooked they were 3.5″ wide.
Don’t these cookies look so yummy?
I’m so excited to eat them again tonight.
We made some plain ones and some Valentine’s ones…
I really hope you like these!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more cookie recipes I think you’ll like, check out:
For all Sweet Treats by Lily go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
I love these cookies – they’re delicious. Hope you like them too!