Do you gather with family for Easter? Now that we are back in Arizona, we do, and we always have a HUGE Easter dinner. We gather with the whole Luna clan and my mom and sisters get together for lunch weeks before to figure out the menu (similar to what they do for Thanksgiving). I tend to have different assignments each year, but this year I was assigned the chicken. Yes, we like to have a variety of meats served at the holiday dinner, and usually have ham, a roast, and a chicken dish.
We had recently tried a recipe for Crispy Baked Chicken that was loved by the whole family, so my mom requested that recipe. I was happy to make it because it was easy and really was so delicious. It may be because it’s smothered in sour cream, cheese and crushed crackers and then topped with a creamy sauce. The recipe actually calls for chicken breasts, but since I was trying to feed a lot I ended up using breast tenders. They are about the third or even a quarter the size of large chicken breast, but they worked perfectly for our Easter dinner!!
I was excited to see that the chicken was all gone in a matter of minutes and several family members asked for the recipe. We had gotten it from Just a Pinch, but we made a few adjustments that we think made the recipe event better!! Give it a try yourself and let us know what you think. 😉
Slathered in sour cream and then with cheese and the crumb mixture.
This chicken recipe is full of flavor!!
So excited to have another go-to chicken dish for the monthly menu. We eat chicken at least once a week, so it’s always nice to have good recipes for it!!
For the video instructions:
Crispy Baked Chicken:
Crispy Baked Cheddar Chicken
This Crispy Cheddar Chicken is baked chicken coated in sour cream, cheese and ritz cracker crumbs and topped with a delicious, creamy sauce - it's our new go-to dinner recipe!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 375.
- Place crushed crackers in a shallow dish along with salt and pepper. Also place sour cream in a separate baking dish and cheese in another separate dish as well.
- Begin by dipping each breast half into sour cream, coating all sides and then place in cheese dish, coating with shredded cheese. Then, place each breast into cracker mixture until well coated.
Place into a greased 9x13. Cover and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- As chicken is finishing cooking, place sauce ingredients into a small pot and cook on medium high heat. Stir until well combined and serve over chicken along with fresh parsley. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch.
Here is another favorite chicken recipe:
And here are even a few more chicken recipes we think you’ll enjoy: