Hey everyone. Hope it’s a great day! Summer can be difficult for those that don’t have any fun vacations to look forward to (ME!). So, I count on a lot of good meals to keep me happy. Last week I shared a crazy simple Pesto Chicken dish. This weeks is another chicken recipe, but it’s just as good!
Today’s Crispy Chicken with Arugula is a new favorite. The chicken was so flavorful and add some delicious salad with shaved parmesan and a lemon vinaigrette, and it’s irresistible. The breading process can take some time, but it’s what makes it soooo good, so be sure to follow the steps in order, and you’ll have a beautiful piece of crispy chicken.
The arugula, shaved parmesan and vinaigrette add so much!
This fried chicken is so good it tastes like it came straight from a fancy restaurant!! It would be great to eat any night, but is also so good and delicious it would be the perfect dish when trying to pull out all the stops for friends or family. 😉
Crispy Chicken with Arugula:
Crispy Chicken With Arugula
Crispy breaded chicken topped with arugula, shaved parmesan cheese, and a delicious lemon vinaigrette!
- 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula loosely packed
- 4 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Marinate chicken in buttermilk in a Ziploc bag for 30-60 minutes.
- Create breading process with 3 separate shallow dishes or bowls. In the first dish, mix flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, and ½ tsp pepper. In the second dish, mix egg and 1 TB water. In the third dish, mix Panko, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour (first dish), dredge in egg mixture (second dish) then coat in panko (third dish). Repeat with each chicken breast and place on baking.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Place 2 chicken breasts in the pan and brown (about three minutes on each side). Repeat with the last two chicken breasts. Place on paper towel lined plate.
- Make dressing by whisking lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat arugula with lemon vinaigrette and scoop onto each breast. Top with shaved parmesan and serve warm. ENJOY!
Adapted from Cooking for Keeps.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: moderate
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 4
- ANY CHANGES MADE: used thin chicken breasts and took out hot sauce.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Here another crispy chicken recipe:
And some more yummy chicken dinners: