If you’re looking for a way to switch up your chicken dinners, this Baked Lemon Parmesan Crusted Chicken will not disappoint you! Chicken breasts breaded in a parmesan crust, with the perfect hint of lemon, and oven baked to perfection – crispy on the outside, tender on the inside!
Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
My family loves chicken for dinner! We don’t eat a lot of beef or pork, so chicken, turkey, and fish are our main sources of protein. I love that chicken is so versatile and easy to cook! It’s great in everything from tacos to stir fries, and my kids love it. Baked Parmesan chicken breasts are one of my favorite main dishes, and I love coming up with new flavor combinations. For this recipe, we decided to add a little bit of lemon and created Baked Lemon Parmesan Crusted Chicken!
This baked lemon parmesan chicken is fantastic! It has a crisp lemon and parmesan coating on the outside, and the chicken is tender and flavorful on the inside. Believe it or not, it was a hit with the whole family, even the kids! Best of all, it’s super easy to make, and perfect for a busy weeknight!
How to Make Lemon Parmesan Chicken:
Like I said, it’s super simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Prepare your chicken breasts by letting them sit in a mixture of beaten eggs and lemon juice to soak in some lemon flavor.
- Dip the chicken in a mixture of bread crumbs, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese and place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil, and spray with cooking spray. The cooking spray helps them get crisp and golden brown in the oven.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes until they are crispy and brown (and smelling delicious!!)
I like to serve them with a lemon slice on top to add a little extra lemon flavor. As I mentioned before, these lemon parmesan baked chicken breasts are so tender and flavorful, and they were a huge hit with the whole family! This is definitely one that we’ll make again and again!
This recipe is perfectly paired with these other Lil’ Luna recipes:
For more baked chicken recipes, check out:
- Baked Pesto Chicken
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- Baked Chicken Fingers
- Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken
- Oven Baked Drum Sticks
Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- fresh lemon slices for serving
- Trim the chicken and cut into serving-size pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and lemon juice. Place the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, cover, and refrigerate thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the bread crumbs, parmesan, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken pieces into the bread crumbs, coating both sides. Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip, and bake an additional 10 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Serve with fresh lemon slices.
This chicken looks like it will be a hit with my family! Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe, Alicia! Go visit Alicia over at The Baker Upstairs for more delicious recipes!