Hello foodies! Tried and True here with a new way to change up that boring ol’ chicken dish. This Baked Pesto Chicken is amazingly simple to whip up and the result is super yummy! Depending on your love for Pesto, you can add or take away as needed. Because we love pesto, there was no skimping on our end. And, of course, we always tend to add more cheese, which I don’t feel bad for. 🙂 But, do what you will with the few ingredients in this recipe, and I’m sure it will turn out just as tasty!
What we love most about this recipe is the simplicity. It is one of the easiest chicken recipes you’ll try, but one that is also so flavorful that you’ll want to make it again and again. We added it to the menu once a month because we loved it, and I especially love that it’s easy and quick to make.
Cover your chicken in pesto.
The cheese and tomatoes on top make it even more delicious!
I’m all about simple dinner recipes, so I’m glad we found this one. It would be perfect served with your favorite salad and side (we’d go for our Lemon Poppyseed Salad and Fried Zucchini). We hope you like this as much as we did!
For more baked chicken recipes, check out:
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with pesto to coat. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Adapted from Food.