Chicken breast halves covered in basil pesto, baked with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes make this Baked Pesto Chicken DELICIOUS! It takes just minutes to prep, but is simple, tasty and perfect for dinner.
Best Pesto Chicken
Hello foodies! Tried and True here with a new way to change up that boring ol’ chicken dish. Today we have the BEST Baked Pesto Chicken recipe that is amazingly simple to whip up and is super yummy! Depending on your love for Pesto, you can add or take away as needed. Because we love pesto, there was no skimping on our end. And, of course, we always tend to add more cheese, which I don’t feel bad for. 🙂 No matter how much pesto or cheese you add, you really can’t mess up this recipe. There are only a few ingredients but the result is amazing!
What we love most about this recipe is the simplicity. It is one of the easiest chicken recipes you’ll try, but one that is also so flavorful that you’ll want to make it again and again. All you need for this recipe is Chicken breast, pesto, cheese and tomatoes.
Cover your chicken in pesto.
The cheese and tomatoes on top make it even more delicious!
I’m all about simple dinner recipes, so I’m glad we found this one. It would be perfect served with your favorite salad and side (we’d go for our Lemon Poppyseed Salad and Fried Zucchini). We hope you like this as much as we did!
For more baked chicken recipes, check out:
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with pesto to coat. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Adapted from Food.