Have you set some goals for the New Year?
We’ve been in Arizona visiting family and have been too busy to write down these goals, but I’m looking forward to doing it as soon as get back to Texas. I have already decided that this year will be the year of creations. I have so many fun projects and recipes I want to try, and I’m excited to share them with you.
Today I’m sharing another AMAZING chicken recipe.
Yes, I’ve blogged before about how much we love Chicken. We have it at least twice a week. It’s something that the entire family will eat and it’s usually fairly simple to make. The recipe I’m sharing today is a new favorite because it is very flavorful and crispy. Serve it with some noodles and you have a great new dinner idea that is perfect for the family and for entertaining. I think you’ll definitely agree that this Crispy Chicken is a new favorite!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2-3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 6 TB olive oil
- 1 - 12 oz package farfalle noodles
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp chicken bullion granules
- 1 TB butter
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- Combine ½ tsp salt and ¾ cup flour in a bowl/pie pan (we use the pie pan because it's easy for dipping the breasts in) and set aside.
- Prepare for the breading process by putting the crumbs, flour and milk each into their separate bowls or pie/bread pans. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. Remove chicken and slice each breast in half.
- Dip your chicken in the flour, covering all sides. Lay onto a small cookie sheet and set in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Start cooking your pasta according to box directions.
- Place oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the freezer and place into the bowl/pie pan of milk and then into the crumbs. Carefully add chicken to the oil and cook on both sides until golden brown (about 3-5 minutes each). Add more olive oil as needed.
- Reduce heat and cover pan. Let the chicken cook through for an additional 5-7 minutes, being careful not to burn bottoms.
- When your chicken has been cooked through, remove from heat, and cover with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, microwave 8 oz of cream cheese for 30 seconds. Add italian seasoning, garlic, oregano, salt and bullion and stir to combine.
- In your skillet, melt 1 TB butter. Add 1 can of cream of chicken, chicken broth, milk and seasoned cream cheese. Whisk over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Pour noodles into sauce and mix until well coated.
- Cut your chicken into strips and place over your cooked pasta and sauce. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.
I LOVE a great chicken recipe!
For even more chicken recipe favorites, check out:
And if you’re looking for a quick and easy Pasta recipe, try this EASY Fettuccine Alfredo. It only takes 15 minutes and can be kept without chicken or you can add it too!
Do you love chicken as much as we do!?
For all main dishes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!