Pork tacos made simple using slow cooker pork and all of your favorite taco toppings! These tacos are flavorful, easy to make, and a big crowd pleaser.
Easy Pulled Pork Tacos
Tacos are one of my favorite dinner meals to make. I love that everyone can assemble their own and they always turn out super tasty. I never regret making tacos for dinner and my family always loves them.
This pulled pork taco recipe is the best because the slow cooker does most of the cooking for you! Let the crockpot cook the pork for 6-8 hours, pull the meat apart, and assemble your yummy tacos.
This pork can be used for so many other dishes—salads, burritos, enchiladas, etc.! This is also a great recipe to make for a crowd. Use this pulled pork for a taco night with friends and family. Lay out all of the different taco ingredients and let people assemble their own. Easy, fun, and delish!
How to Cook the Pork
4 HOURS. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray before getting started. Combine pork & Dr. Pepper in the slow cooker. Cover it and cook on high about 4 hours.
2 HOURS. After 4 hours has passed, combine the remaining ingredients in large bowl and whisk it to combine. Add this mixture to your slow cooker and allow everything to cook for an additional 2-3 hours.
**Note**: after about 2 hours, I kick the heat down to low just to let those flavors simmer a little longer. But 2 hours is usually sufficient. You know the pork is done when the it is falling apart as you try to remove it from the cooker.
How much for a crowd: If you’re planning to serve this for a crowd you do not want to run out of this delicious meat. Plan for about 1 pound of meat for every 3 people. Keep the meat warm in a chafing dish or in a crock pot.
Making the Tacos
To make your tacos, you can use flour tortillas for a nice full wrapped taco. Smaller corn tortillas are similar to street tacos. You can also use a crisp taco shell or a bed of tortilla chips.
Toppings: The pork in these tacos are so flavorful I don’t like to add too many other flavors, but a few toppings can really round out the dish. Here a few topping suggestions:
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
What to serve with tacos?
Leftover meat: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge before using.
For more taco recipes, try:
Pork Tacos Recipe
- 3 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 16 oz Dr. Pepper
- 28 oz enchilada sauce green, milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp chili powder
- corn tortillas
- pico de gallo
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine pork & Dr. pepper in cooker & cover - cook on high about 4 hours.
- After 4 hours has passed, combine remaining ingredients in large bowl & whisk to combine. Add this mixture to your slow cooker & allow to cook an additional 2-3 hours.*Note- after about 2 hours I kick the heat down to low just to let those flavors simmer a little longer but 2 hours is usually sufficient. You know when it's done when the pork is falling apart as you try to remove it from the cooker.
- Add pork to flour or corn tortillas and add any desired toppings.