Simple Burrito Bowl is packed with flavor for a quick, easy, and healthy lunch or delicious dinner. These tasty bowls whip up in minutes!
Packed with flavor
Mexican food is a staple in our house. It’s easy, delicious, and there are so many great recipes you can make with just a few ingredients!
While we love a good burrito, sometimes it’s fun to mix things up a bit. The Burrito Bowl is a great way to do this! Make it low carb or customize It any way you’d like.
We layer some of our favorite fresh ingredients, but you can easily add on some black olives, fresh jalapenos, or anything you’d like. Either way, they’re delicious!
Quick + Easy
I love that these are SO simple to make! Here is what you need to do.
DRESSING. Make dressing by blending all ingredients in the blender. Add milk until it’s the consistency you want.
ASSEMBLE. Assemble bowls by dividing rice mixture with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
SERVE. Drizzle with Cilantro Ranch Dressing right before serving.
Be sure to check out our Chicken Burrito Bowl if you want to make this even more hearty.
Tips + Variations
As always I share the exact recipe that I love, but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun to change things up every now and then. Here are a few options you might try:
- Add Protein: Carne Asada, Carnitas, Cilantro Lime Chicken, ground beef, or ground turkey
- Salsa: Pico de Gallo, Tomatillo Salsa, Homemade Salsa
- Rice: Quinua, couscous, and Cauliflower Rice are all healthy options to add. You could also use white rice, brown rice, or Spanish Rice.
- Veggies: You could also add olives, pinto beans, red onion, or bell peppers.
- Dressing: Try other favs like Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing, Ranch Dressing, or Chipotle Ranch (or even Guacamole)
- Serve with a side of Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Spices: Add some of your favorites like chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, black pepper
- Use Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top
- Top with shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
How to make ahead? Aside from the avocado, you can prep the different ingredients the day before and store them in separate containers in the fridge. Before serving, dice the avocado and toss the elements together.
How to store? Store leftovers in different containers so they last longer. If the bowls have already been mixed, they can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2-3 days. Unused dressing can last in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days. weeks.
Sides to serve with?
For the Best Burritos, try:
Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 4 cups Cilantro Lime Rice, homemade or store bought
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 15.25 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, freshly chopped
Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix, (or 3 tbsp of mix)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-3 tsp jalapeños, diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- Make dressing by blending all ingredients in the blender. Add milk until it's the consistency you want.
- Assemble bowls by dividing rice mixture with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Drizzle with Cilantro Ranch Dressing right before serving.