This Cilantro Lime Chicken is full of flavor and an easy weeknight meal. Fresh lime juice, cilantro, and loads of fresh garlic make a flavorful marinade!
This is a super quick and easy weeknight meal. It’s also perfect for the upcoming summer grilling weather!! We also love these Dr. Pepper Ribs for grilling over the weekend. Pair either of these dishes with potato salad and baked beans.
Easy Flavorful Chicken!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can transform boring chicken into really flavorful chicken. Plus, it’s really healthy!
However you decide to serve this easy chicken dish, I promise everyone will love it.
Just a few basic ingredients is all you’ll need to make this delicious chicken dinner recipe!
- Chicken: you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. You can also use bone-in and skin on but you will need to add more cooking time.
- Lime Juice: use fresh lime juice only……not the bottled stuff, it’s too bitter.
- Garlic: adds so much flavor!
- Salt and pepper
- Sugar: just a little bit to balance out the acidity of the lime juice.
How to make Cilantro Lime Chicken
MARINATE. Combine the ingredients to marinate the chicken in a ziploc bag or a container with a lid. Add the chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
GRILL. Preheat your grill on medium to medium high heat (about 400 degrees F). Lightly oil the grate and place chicken on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until you reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Marinate and grill – that’s our kind of recipe!
Tips for success
- Be sure to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- For ultra juicy and flavorful chicken, use thighs. If you are a grilling beginner, start with thighs. Breasts can dry out easily if overcooked.
- Use a meat thermometer to check your chicken. Once they reach 165 degrees F, remove from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes. Tent with foil if you are worried about it cooling off too much.
For more delicious chicken recipes, try:
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken
Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 2 large limes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag. Place chicken in bag with marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- When ready to grill preheat to medium to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees F). Lightly oil the grate. Place chicken on grill and grill 5-7 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- If your chicken breasts are very large cut them in half horizontally for quicker cooking.