This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Green chili chicken is easy and delicious. Topped with cheese and green chili sauce guarantees it will become a new favorite in no time!!
Baked Green Chili Chicken
Raise your hand if you LOVE easy dinner recipes!
Baked chicken recipes are always calling my name. Throw all the ingredients into a pan and bake it in the oven for a simple recipe with the easiest clean up ever.
The flavors in this dish include a little bit of spice from the enchilada sauce and chili powder along with cheesy goodness from all the melted Monterey Jack. Then it’s topped with chopped cilantro to give it the perfect Mexican flavor. The cheese is lightly broiled at the end which makes it brown just a bit – my mouth is watering!!
How to Make Green Chile Chicken
- PREP. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- CHICKEN. Place chicken in the bottom of the pan and season with chili powder and garlic salt. Pour the enchilada sauce all over the top of the chicken.
- BAKE. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the chicken and broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned just a bit.
- SEASON. Take the chicken out of the oven and top it with the chopped cilantro. Serve warm over rice or all by itself – it’s great either way.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Add a dash or two of cumin for some extra spice and flavor
Slice/shred this chicken for tacos/burritos or taco salad
To STORE leftovers, just put it into an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 4-6 days. Reheat it in the microwave for a minute and serve with your favorite rice.
FREEZE this chicken uncooked or cooked and prepare it when you’re ready to serve. This recipe would make a great freezer dish recipe – keep all the ingredients (except the cheese and cilantro) in a plastic zip bag and freeze up to 4-5 months. When you’re ready to make it, bake in the oven and top it with the cheese and cilantro.
For more baked baked chicken recipes:
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Fingers
- Crispy Baked Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Baked Pesto Chicken
- Bruschetta Chicken
Green Chili Chicken Recipe
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups green chili enchilada sauce
- chili powder
- garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 1 cup Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place chicken on the bottom of a sprayed 9×13 dish. Season with garlic salt and chili powder.
- Pour green chili enchilada sauce over the chicken.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with shredded cheese and broil for a minute until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.