These easy, cheesy Chicken Quesadillas are a crowd favorite. They are not only filled with cheese and chicken, but a delicious homemade sauce that makes these hand-held goodies irresistible!
Whenever I’m in a bind around dinner time, these quesadillas are a life saver! Served with a little homemade salsa and a side of spanish rice, these quesadillas make for a tasty and filling meal! But they’re also great for game-day appetizers.
Not just an average quesadilla
I feel like these chicken and cheese quesadillas could possibly solve all of the world’s problems. It definitely solves all of my problems on a rough day. There is just something so comforting about a hot cheesy filled tortilla. Add in some chicken and you’ve got a full rounded meal for lunch, dinner, or a midnight snack!
Sometimes we even make these as little appetizers for dinner parties or game day watching! Cut them into little bit sized triangles and they will be devoured in minutes!
By the way, these aren’t just any chicken quesadillas. These quesadillas have a secret magic yummy sauce in the middle that take these to another level. Who knew that a little mayo, taco seasoning, and hot sauce could be the winning combo for a quesadilla sauce? YUM!
How to make Chicken Quesadillas
I just love how easy these are to make. Perfect for when you can’t decide what to have for dinner that day. I told you these quesadillas are your answer to anything!
Ingredients. You’ll need about 2 cups of seasoned shredded chicken for this recipe. We love to use homemade tortillas (once you go homemade you never go back), but any tortillas you have will be great.
Sauce. Whisk together the taco seasoning, mayo, hot sauce, and garlic salt in a bowl. Spread the mixture onto one side of a tortilla.
Layer. Add your desired amount of shredded chicken and cheese to the tortilla. Add a layer of the sauce onto another tortilla and place that on top.
Microwave. Cook your quesadilla in the microwave first for about 20 seconds. This will help the cheese get extra melty.
Stove. Then place the quesadilla in a pan on the stove until it gets brown and crispy.
- Instead of cooking the stove top try using a panini press or if you’re making several quesadillas, use a pancake griddle.
- Instead of using two tortillas, use one tortilla and fold it in half. This makes it easier to flip in the pan.
Making ahead and leftover tips
Storing. Store leftover quesadillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating. No one likes a soggy quesadilla. The best way to reheat it and still keep the outside crispy is to use a non stick pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot place the quesadilla in the pan. Heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is crispy once again.
Make ahead and freeze. Follow the recipe like usual. Once you have heated the quesadilla in the microwave, place them on a cookie sheet. Flash freeze them until firm. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat, place frozen quesadilla in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a nonstick pan and finish cooking over medium heat until cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
If this post hasn’t already convinced you to try this simple chicken quesadilla today, then make it ASAP! The sauce is my favorite part because all the spices mixed together made it so addicting!! And we are sure to make extra sauce to use for dipping too.
Let us know how you love it in the comments.
For other great dips for quesadillas, check out:
For even more similar recipes, check out:
- Homemade Tortillas
- Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Pumpkin Quesadilla
- Chicken Flautas
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 6 tortillas
- 2 cups mexican cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken seasoned
- Whisk together mayo, taco seasoning, garlic salt, and hot sauce. NOTE: You can use whatever hot sauce you prefer. We love to keep around the mild sauce from taco bell, so I always use that plus my husbands favorite, Valentino.
- Spread mixture on one side of tortilla. Sprinkle desired amount of shredded chicken on top, then cheese. Add sauce to a second tortilla and place on top.
- Heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then put on the stove, until nice a crisp. If you have sauce left over, use for dipping!