Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
If you like Starbucks Lemon Loaf, then you’ll love this moist, delicious Lemon cake! This easy to make recipe is loaded with delicious lemon flavor, and topped with an amazing lemon frosting. It’s even BETTER than Starbucks!
Raise your hand if you love Starbucks Lemon Loaf! Yes, I see you raising your hand – I’m right there with you! There is something about that delicious, moist cake that keeps us all coming back for more. Its rich, moist, perfectly flavored lemon cake topped with the perfect layer of lemon frosting, well…there is no way I’m sharing a slice. I’ve come to tell you that you can make this delicious Lemon Loaf right at home, and it will taste EVEN BETTER than Starbucks!
A couple things – I tested a few recipes I found on line. What I found were recipes that ended up either too dry, or had an odd balance of tart lemon flavor. None really had the same moistness and perfectly balanced lemon flavor as the Starbucks cake. Another thing was getting a frosting that had the same consistency as the Starbucks cake. The one I have here, hits the spot perfectly!
While baking, I kept it in the oven a little longer than some of the other recipes I tried. It needed a little longer to ensure that it wouldn’t sink in the middle. Unlike other recipes I tried, I added Greek yogurt to this cake recipe, and a little more oil. With these additions, this recipe is spot-on! The ultimate moist, delicious lemon cake!
Here are the video instructions to make this Lemon Loaf:
Here’s how this amazing Better Than Starbucks Lemon Loaf comes together:
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package, instant Lemon pudding mix
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- ⅓ c. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. oil
- ¾ c. plain Greek yogurt
- zest of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, soft but not melted
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 5 x 9" loaf pan with a piece of waxed paper. (With a pencil, trace the bottom of the pan on a piece of waxed paper and cut out with scissors.) Spray the pan, and waxed paper with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With a stand or hand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice, oil and yogurt. Mix until evenly combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the lemon zest, and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is fully set, and a toothpick inserted comes out crumb free.
- After baking, let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of the pan, invert and remove from the pan, removing the waxed paper from the bottom. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting: Combine the butter, lemon juice and lemon extract with hand or stand mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy. Evenly spread the frosting over the top of the loaf. Refrigerate to let frosting set completely before slicing. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Loaf as much as my family and I have. I think you’ll discover this recipe is definitely better than Starbucks, and maybe even save you a trip to the coffee shop in the future!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love some of my other recipes over at Delightful E Made! Check these out:
Oh my! This Lemon Loaf look AMAZING!!!
And no yeast is involved, which is good for me since I still haven’t mastered using it. 😉
For more great recipes from her, be sure to go to Delightful E Made.
For more yummy quick bread recipes, check out:
For all bread recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.