Easy, creamy and delicious Cilantro Lime Dressing that is great for salads, but also served over veggies, meat or even in tacos and burritos!
Not Just for salad
This cilantro dressing is so delicious! You can serve it over salads of all kinds, especially southwest salads, but it’s great for other things too!
It’s super yummy drizzled over grilled veggies or as a dip for raw veggies. I like to add it to my burritos and tacos. It’s also so good drizzled over seasoned pork, beef or chicken. Just think of your favorite savory Mexican dish, and I’m quite certain this dressing would be great with it!
Because you can’t find this dressing at the grocery store, we think it will become a quick family favorite – especially because it’s so easy. 😉
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
One of the ingredients is a jalapeno that has been de-seeded so here is how you do that.
How to deseed a jalapeno: This may seem like a no brainer, but if you’re new to cooking you may appreciate the info.
- Remove the stem, and cut the jalapeno in half from top to bottom
- Use a spoon and gently scrape out the center membrain and the seeds. Don’t scrape any of the jalapeno flesh.
- If you’re working with a hot jalapeno you may want to wear gloves.
- Avoid touching your eyes and face. Wash your hands when you’re finished.
Once you have your de-seeded jalapeno, use a food processor, or a blender, to pulse the jalapeno pepper and garlic clove until they’re finely chopped.
Add the lime juice, honey, vinegar, 1 tsp garlic salt and cilantro. Pulse a few more times then blend. While blending slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Once the olive oil is incorporated use remaining garlic salt to taste.
Mix in the oil, don’t blend: Did you know that when you blend olive oil in can take on a bitter flavor? It’s something I just learned and is the reason you want to blend all the ingredients, then Mix in the olive oil.
Tip: For a creamier dressing add ½ of a ripe avocado
Storage: Store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When using make sure the dressing does not stay at room temperature for more than two hours.
This cilantro lime dressing is so simple and so delicious! Just try it and let us know what you think. 😉
For more salad dressings, check out:
Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a food processor, or a blender, pulse the jalapeno pepper and garlic clove until they're finely chopped.
- Add the lime juice, honey, vinegar, 1 tsp garlic salt and cilantro. Pulse a few more times then blend.
- While blending slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is incorporated use remaining garlic salt to taste.
- This easy Southwest Salad pairs well with the dressing: 1-2 heads of lettuce, 2 cobs of raw white corn kernels, 1 large can of black beans drained and rinsed, 1 bag of Monterrey Jack Cheese, 1 red onion sliced, cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced grilled chicken breast.