This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
The holidays are the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen, especially when you have a house full of kiddos. We’re constantly hosting, volunteering or attending parties and get togethers where food is the centerpiece. While I usually shy away from the salads and veggie platters, I couldn’t help but fall in love with this adorable veggie christmas tree. It’s festive, healthy and surprisingly easy to make! It was also something the kids loved helping me make which allowed for more mom and kid time in the kitchen.
This cute little tree made it fun for the kids to snack on veggies all night long… even with candy and cookies everywhere! You can pile up whatever vegetables and crackers you want at the bottom of the tree.
With opportunities left and right to be in the kitchen creating, we love getting the kids involved. Sure, things can get crazy this time of year but the holidays are the best time to get the kids involved and make some fun Christmas memories together. It’s become quite the tradition to give kids cooking and baking assignments this month and to spend more time with them not only in the kitchen, but whenever possible. With all the family get togethers and dinners, it’s our favorite time of year simply because there is more efforts made to spend as a family. 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Veggie Christmas Tree:
- 1 (8-10 inch) styrofoam craft cone
- plastic wrap
- 1 container toothpicks
- 4 medium-large heads of broccoli
- 1 medium carton cherry tomatoes
- 1 (1/4-inch thick) slice cheddar cheese
- celery, bell peppers, carrots
- Begin by rinsing all veggies and chopping up the broccoli, celery and bell peppers.
- Wrap the styrofoam cone with a double layer of plastic wrap. Starting at the base of the cone, insert toothpicks into the cone, then attach vegetables. Place one toothpick on top. Cut a star out of the cheese using a mini cookie cutter or a knife. Carefully place on top.
- Arrange remaining vegetables around the base of the tree. Serve with the bacon ranch cheese ball or your favorite Marzetti® Veggie Dip. ENJOY!
Instead of serving this with a bowl of dip, I paired this festive centerpiece with a delicious bacon ranch cheese ball made with Marzetti® Veggie Ranch Dip. You can find it in the refrigerator aisle right next to all of the produce you’ll need to make the tree. You’ll need about 1/3 cup of the creamy, rich dip to mix into the cheese ball.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, cold NOT room temperature
- 1/3 c. Marzetti Ranch Dip
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c. chopped bacon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, ranch dip, shredded cheddar, 3 tablespoons chopped bacon, garlic powder, paprika, parsley and pepper. Using a handled mixer, mix just until combined.
Roll mixture into a large ball, or two smaller balls. Roll in remaining bacon.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
I hope you’ll love this veggie christmas tree as much as we did- it was a hit with everyone!
To help you rock your holidays, Marzetti® wants to give one lucky Lil’ Luna winner a $50 VISA GIFT CARD!
Just leave a comment below sharing your favorite way to enjoy Marzetti dips!
Giveaway will end at midnight the night of DECEMBER 23rd. Winner will need to respond within 48 hours to claim their prize before another winner is chose. Good luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti Veggie Dips. The opinions and text are all mine.