Delish Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is a cool, creamy treat filled with mini chocolate chips and covered in chopped pecans!
This chocolate chip cheese ball is actually a dessert! Cheesecake Dip, Chocolate Chip Dip, and Yogurt Fruit Dip are some more of our favorite sweet dips that are actually perfectly dippable and SO tasty.
Dessert Cheese Ball
Well, this recipe is like a cheese ball with a cream cheese base, but with sweet ingredients added—a dessert cheese ball! It is so delicious! And you can still serve it with crackers, but graham crackers instead of savory ones.
We served this at a party and people couldn’t get enough of it! I think next time, we’ll try it with Toffee bits instead of chocolate chips. 😉
Making a Dessert CHeese ball
CREAM. Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until fluffy. Add sugars and mix well.
FOLD. Fold in chocolate chips.
REFRIGERATE & SHAPE. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Shape into a ball and roll in chopped pecans.
Serve with fruit or crackers.
Tips + Variations
I would say this dessert cheese ball will serve about 8-10 people. If you are going to have more than that amount go ahead and whip up a couple. The cream cheese ball can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge or freezer. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
This dessert ball pairs well with so many different types of dipping treats. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Use almonds or walnuts instead of pecans
- I recommend using full fat cream cheese because it works better when forming and keeping the ball shape. However, you can use a reduced fat cream cheese and place the dip in a serving dish instead of forming a ball.
- Cover the cheeseball in mini chocolate chips or crushed graham crackers instead of crushed nuts
- Add in mini M&Ms or any flavor of chocolate chips
STORE this delicious dessert just wrap the ball tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for about a week. You can also wrap it again with aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for a month.
Thaw in the fridge before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. Make sure to only leave the cheese ball at room temperature for 2 hours max you don’t want to risk it spoiling.
To FREEZE this cream cheese ball you need to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil before freezing for up to 4 weeks. Make sure to let it thaw in the fridge before serving.
For more Party Food, check out:
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
- Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until fluffy.
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into a ball and roll in chopped pecans.
- Serve with fruit or crackers.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.