Chocolate Chip Dip is a simple dessert dip filled with mini chocolate chips that tastes like cookie dough! It’s perfectly dippable.
Today’s recipe is similar to the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. In fact, it has almost the same ingredients!! It’s a simple, creamy delicious treat filled with mini chocolate chips and made with cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar. The perfect recipe for any party! It’s Chocolate Chip Dip!!
We made it a few weeks ago and everyone in my family loved it. I had forgotten that I even tried it, but now I remember! It was DELICIOUS!! We dipped graham crackers into it, but I think fruit, especially apples, would be great with this too. It is really easy to make which makes it even better.
Next time we have a movie night I’m going to ask my mom to make this with crackers and apples. It’s the perfect treat!
How to make chocolate chip dip
COMBINE. Blend cream cheese and butter in a bowl until well combined. Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
CHILL. Fold in mini chocolate chips and refrigerate for 1 hour. ENJOY!
Tips + Variations
If you don’t have graham crackers on hand you, or you want to serve this dip with an assortment of options, I have a few ideas for you:
- Animal crackers
- Nilla Wafers
- Oreos or other crisp cookies
- Apple slices
- Sliced pears
- Strawberry halves
- Substituting the chocolate chips for something like: white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, mini M&M’s, or chopped nuts. Be creative!
- To make this a cookies and cream dip you can use crushed Oreos instead of chocolate chips.
- Make it an apple brickle dip you can mix in chopped pecans and toffee bits and eat it with apple slices.
- To make it a mint chocolate chip dip use mint chocolate chips or chopped Andes mints.
When serving this treat make sure to put it back in the fridge after a max of 2 hours.
To make this a thick dip you will want to add more powdered sugar or cream cheese. To make it thinner you can add a splash of milk.
STORE this chocolate chip dip covered and in the fridge for 4-5 days. Make this ahead of time and store and enjoy leftovers. Although, I must warn you that we rarely ever have leftovers!
FREEZE this dip in a freezer safe airtight container for up to 1 month. The freezing and thawing process may alter some of its original texture. Thaw in the fridge and then gently stir to re-incorporate the ingredients. If needed, you can add 1-2 tsp of heavy whipping cream to help smooth it out.
For more great dessert dips, check out:
- Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Snickers Caramel Apple Dip
- Nutella Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Peppermint Fluff Dip
Chocolate Chip Dip Recipe
- Blend cream cheese and butter in a bowl until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips and refrigerate for 1 hour. ENJOY!