I absolutely LOVE finding recipes that I think are mighty delicious and are actually pretty healthy too. I guess the main reason for this is because I tend to like foods that aren’t so good for you (french fries, steak, fried foods – I’m working on it). 😉 I do love salads and have been trying to eat healthier over the years, and one veggie I have learned to love is the cucumber. I know many might argue it doesn’t have much taste, but I think they are juicy, filling and a perfect addition to many recipes.
I had seen cucumbers used as cups filled with different ingredients and thought I’d try making some Greek Cucumber Cups. They ended up being a hit and are the perfect appetizer or side for any function. I filled mine with cherry tomatoes, chicken, olives, feta cheese, and Greek dressing and it was the perfect amount to give it a ton of flavor but still have it be healthy as well. I know there are endless combinations of food you can put in these cups, but this Greek version was so tasty and so simple!!
If you love Greek flavors and would like to try a healthy recipe for your next event, give this recipe a good. I think you’ll enjoy just as much as we did. 😉 Definitely need to make these again – and soon!
Greek Cucumber Cups:
Greek Cucumber Cups
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chicken chopped, cooked
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- cilantro chopped
- Greek dressing
- In a bowl, mic cherry tomatoes, chopped chicken, olives, feta cheese, greek dressing, salt and pepper.
- Peel cucumbers partially, leaving think stripes of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1 - 1½ inch thick slices. Scoopy out the center of each slice with a melon baller or spoon, leaving a shell of flesh.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the cucumber cups. Garnish with additional cilantro and feta, if desired. ENJOY!
For more great Greek flavored recipes, check out:
For more Greek recipes, check out: