Orzo Salad is a Greek pasta salad loaded with Orzo, veggies, and feta topped with a Greek dressing. It’s a perfect side dish or light lunch entree!
All of your Greek favorites have been invited; olives, tomatoes, artichoke, cucumber, and creamy feta. This fresh salad comes together in no time for a quick and easy side or main dish. For more sumptuous salads try Cashew Chicken Salad, Easy Antipasto Salad, and Chicken Caesar Salad.
orzo Pasta Salad with a Greek Spin
Though it looks a bit like rice, orzo isn’t a grain. It’s pasta!
This orzo salad is packed with flavor and is quite filling. I love the Greek twist on a classic. The brightness of the veggies and the creamy feta are just a perfect combo. And I love a good salad. It is a simple dish to whip up and is so refreshing.
Greek Orzo Salad is the perfect potluck, picnic or barbecue salad! It is great as a side or as a stand alone dish.
This Greek dressing is sure to make your go-to list. It is perfect on these orzo grains as it soaks in for extra flavor, but you are sure to find yourself whipping it up for more salad needs.
How to Make greek orzo salad
ORZO. Boil a pot of water. Once boiling add the orzo pasta reduce heat and cook al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
COMBINE. Add the pasta to a large bowl along with the artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and olives and mix. Drizzle with Greek dressing and toss until evenly coated.
Aside from the mix ins that we included in our recipe you can also use:
- Diced purple onions
- Bell peppers
- Pine nuts
- Sliced almonds
It’s a really great salad to serve with a side of protein such as chicken, fish or steak.
You can make this salad the day before and keep it covered in the fridge.
Store the dressing in a separate container and mix the two together right before serving.
Leftovers can be covered and STORED in the fridge for about 3 days. Add a little more dressing in case it dries out.
We hope you love this orzo pasta salad as much we did! So flavorful and so simple!
For more super salad recipes, check out:
- Cashew Chicken Salad
- Favorite Broccoli Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad
Greek Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 oz marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 oz black olives drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- Boil a pot of water. Once boiling add the orzo pasta reduce the heat and cook al dente, for about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl along with the artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, and olives, and mix. Drizzle with Greek dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Use a salad dressing shaker and add the olive oil and dry seasonings. Mix, then add the vinegar and shake again. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. You may use as much or as little as you like.
A pasta dish worth the try. Love the flavor!
I love the Greek flavors in this. It’s a wonderful & tasty side dish or even a main dish.
Mmm..love everything in this salad! It feels light & the flavor is delicious!
thanks to your artichoke dip Recipe I am now an artichoke fan. But I’m still not a feta fan so I’ll probably use a dry cotija. Everything else looks super yummy can’t wait to make it.
Oh my goodness, so yummy! I didn’t use all of the dressing, and it’s great over green salad as well!
Orzo salad is such a fun spin on pasta salad, and my family LOVED this Greek version! So much flavor and so easy to make. I’ll be making this one year-round!
Perfect combination of flavors! So good! I love this salad! Perfect for summer… but also perfect alongside soup in the winter! The dressing is delicious!
We love this salad! I added chickpeas this time and liked that too!
Yum! I bet that was a tasty addition. So glad you enjoyed the salad!