Orzo Salad is a Greek pasta salad loaded with Orzo, veggies, and feta topped with a Greek dressing. It’s a perfect side dish or light lunch entree!
All of your Greek favorites have been invited; olives, tomatoes, artichoke, cucumber, and creamy feta. This fresh salad comes together in no time for a quick and easy side or main dish. For more sumptuous salads try Cashew Chicken Salad, Easy Antipasto Salad, and Chicken Caesar Salad.
orzo Pasta Salad with a Greek Spin
Though it looks a bit like rice, orzo isn’t a grain. It’s pasta!
This orzo salad is packed with flavor and is quite filling. I love the Greek twist on a classic. The brightness of the veggies and the creamy feta are just a perfect combo. And I love a good salad. It is a simple dish to whip up and is so refreshing.
Greek Orzo Salad is the perfect potluck, picnic or barbecue salad! It is great as a side or as a stand alone dish.
This Greek dressing is sure to make your go-to list. It is perfect on these orzo grains as it soaks in for extra flavor, but you are sure to find yourself whipping it up for more salad needs.
How to Make greek orzo salad
ORZO. Boil a pot of water. Once boiling add the orzo pasta reduce heat and cook al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
COMBINE. Add the pasta to a large bowl along with the artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and olives and mix. Drizzle with Greek dressing and toss until evenly coated.
Aside from the mix ins that we included in our recipe you can also use:
- Diced purple onions
- Bell peppers
- Pine nuts
- Sliced almonds
You can make this salad the day before and keep it covered in the fridge.
Store the dressing in a separate container and mix the two together right before serving.
Leftovers can be covered and STORED in the fridge for about 3 days. Add a little more dressing in case it dries out.
We hope you love this orzo pasta salad as much we did! So flavorful and so simple!
For more super salad recipes, check out:
- Cashew Chicken Salad
- Favorite Broccoli Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad
Greek Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 c uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 oz marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 c feta cheese crumbled
- 2 oz black olives drained
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 c red wine vinegar
- Boil a pot of water. Once boiling add the orzo pasta reduce heat and cook al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl along with the artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and olives and mix. Drizzle with Greek dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Use a salad dressing shaker and add the olive oil and dry seasonings. Mix, then add the vinegar and shake again. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. You may use as much or as little as you like.