Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are fun, festive and adorable treats. They are perfect for Halloween parties and a hit with the kids!
Party perfect treats like Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats and Monster Rice Krispie Treats are easy to whip up when you have rice Krispies on hand. Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats are easy and SO cute!
Cute Halloween Treats
I love to make cute Halloween goodies like Monster Rice Krispies Treats or Pumpkin Oreos. I recently decided to make another rice krispie goodie and did Frankenstein instead of monsters!
In fact, they are just as easy as the Monster treats, but even easier since you only have to use one color of candy melts. 😉
If you are looking for a fun, creepy and yummy treat to make for Halloween, I think you should try these Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats. They are perfect for parties and everyone loves them.
Just Dip & Decorate!
PREP. Begin by unwrapping your Rice Krispie treats. Add the sticks to the bottoms of the treats.
CANDY MELTS. Melt candy melts as directed on package. Place treats over the bowl of melted candy melts and spoon it over the treats (about 45 melts covered 3-4 treats).
DECORATE. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and add candy eyeballs and place on parchment paper. Let set and then pipe on mouth with black frosting.
Note. Place in the fridge if you want them to set quicker. Be sure to put parchment paper on cookie sheet in this case. ENJOY!
Using Homemade Rice Krispie treats:
We like using store bought rice Krispie treats. It saves on prep time and they are already perfectly cut to size. However, you can definitely use your favorite homemade rice krispie treat recipe. When you use the homemade treats you can make these two ways:
- Using the candy melts to coat the rice Krispie treat as written in the recipe. I like how the smooth coating looks with the other decorations
- Skip the candy coating and just put food coloring directly into the rice Krispies. Once they’ve set cut into green rectangles and add the Frankenstein face according to directions.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Adding black icing to form the monster mouth is pretty easy with the right tools. Here are a few suggestions you can use to create this cute Frankenstein:
- Buy prepackaged black writing gel found in the baking section
- Use a thin piping tip, like the wilton #2, and bag of frosting
- Fill a Ziploc with frosting and snip a small piece off of one corner.
- Poke a toothpick through the top of your rice Krispie (where the head would be) and attach marshmallows on either side, to look like the electricity nubs
- Consider spraying it gray with edible glitter
- Use chocolate rice Krispies for more flavor
- Aside from using green candy melts you can also use white chocolate and green food coloring. Simply melt the white chocolate and add a little bit of Crisco or coconut oil to help make it smooth enough to coat the treat.
STORE the rice Krispies in an airtight container for at least 3 days or you can freeze them for up to 6 months. Be sure that before you store them after the candy coating has hardened. Also, separate the layers with wax or parchment paper.
To FREEZE, wrap each individual rice Krispie treat in a layer of plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer safe bag for up to 4 months.
For More Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Spider Trifle
- Monster Rice Krispies Treats
- Monster Suckers
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Oogie Boogie Sundae
Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 3-4 Rice Krispies Treats
- 3-4 lollipop sticks
- 45 candy melts green (we used Wilton melts)
- 6-8 candy eyes
- 3-4 oreos crushed
- black frosting
- parchment paper
- Begin by unwrapping your Rice Krispies treats.
- Add the sticks to the bottoms of the treats.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Place treats over the bowl of melted candy melts and spoon it over the treats (about 45 melts covered 3-4 treats).
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and add candy eyeballs and place on parchment paper.
- Let set and then pipe on mouth with black frosting *NOTE: you can place in the fridge if you want them to set quicker – be sure to put parchment paper on cookie sheet in this case). ENJOY!
So cute! Perfect for a neighborhood block party or your kids school party for Halloween
Did you just cover the front?
Pretty much & down the sides 🙂
Love these scary Frankenstein bars! So cute, fun and yummy.
Cutest little Frankenstein treats ever!! Dipped rice krispies are the bomb!!
I made your monster treats last year with my friends little kids. They’ve been asking for them again all year, and are going to love this fun design twist.
Love making these for halloween each year! The kids always love them!
These are just so stinkin’ cute! My kids LOVE them! A new Halloween tradition? I think maybe so!
These are the cutest sweet treats, the kids loved making them, so much fun and so delicious!
thanks for the Halloween treats, my grandkids will love this