Chewy candy corn rice krispie treats are perfect for fall! With just orange food coloring and candy melts create cute masterpieces!
Rice Krispies are so versatile! Create Monsters, Frankenstein or these cute Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats with just a few ingredients. These are fun and festive treats, perfect for parties and fall get togethers!
Festive Fall Rice Krispie Treats
A few weeks ago my mom and I decided to make some Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats. They’re easy AND delicious!
If you’ve ever made Rice Krispie Treats before, you know that they’re super duper simple to make, and these are too! The only difference is you add some food coloring to the melted marshmallows, cut the krispies into triangles instead of squares, and then dip them in white and yellow candy melts.
When you’re finished, they look JUST like candy corns!! Candy corn always reminds me of fall, because usually that’s the only time stores have it. I think these treats are perfect to make for you fall parties!!
How to Make Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats
Like I said, the directions for these rice Krispie treats are pretty much the same as original treats.
MELT. Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave
MIX. Before adding the rice Krispies cereal, stir in some orange food coloring. Once the melted marshmallows are as orange as you want them, stir in the cereal until it’s well coated.
PRESS. Place in a greased pan and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some tips for cutting the rice crispy treats into triangles:
- If you use a 9×13 pan, cut diagonal lines across the pan and then cut the diagonal strips into triangles.
- OR use multiple smaller circle pans and just cut into triangles as though you were slicing a pie.
DIP. Once the rice crispy treats are cut into triangles, melt the candy melts as directed on the package. Dip the triangle dips in white candy melts, and the bottoms in yellow melts.
SET. Place on parchment paper until they have set. ENJOY!
Tips & Storing Info
- Use fresh marshmallows.
- Don’t over heat the marshmallows
- Press firmly, but not too tightly.
Not all rice Krispie cereals are gluten free so check the box to be sure.
Be sure that the chocolate is completely set before storing. STORE in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to a week.
To FREEZE, place them between layers of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag or container. Keep them in the freezer for 3-6 months. Thaw before eating.
I hope you have an amazing week! It’s almost fall time – so get excited. And buy some rakes because you might need them!! 😀
For more fun fall recipes, check out these yummy treats:
- Pumpkin Snack Mix
- Halloween Cookie Cake
- Caramel Apple Cider
- Mummy Cookies
- Mini Glazed Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- Caramel Apple Nachos
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 6-7 c Rice Krispies
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 2 TB butter
- orange food coloring
- white candy melts
- yellow candy melts
- Place butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2.5 – 3 minutes. Take out and stir until well combined and smooth. Add orange food coloring and mix well.
- Add cereal to melted marshmallows and stir until well coated. Place in greased pan and let set for 15 minutes.
- Cut treats into triangles and set aside.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip tips in white melts. Dip bottoms in yellow melts and place on parchment paper to let set. ENJOY!