Caramel apple nachos taste just like a caramel apple, but simpler to make! They are an easy treat perfect for movie nights and get togethers.
a family fav!
If you like Caramel Apples, then you will love this recipe!
We used slices of red apples and green apples and topped it with all the goodies – white chocolate, caramel, toffee bites and mini chocolate chips. Sounds like heaven, right? Tastes like it too!
This recipe is a very simple, crowd-friendly version of the classic dessert. It’s great for parties, movie night and any other get together. You can make homemade caramel to drizzle on top or use the store bought sauces, but either way – you won’t be disappointed you made these!
How to make Apple Nachos
TOPPINGS. Start by preparing the heath bits and mini chips by putting them into separate bowls. It’s important to have these all ready so they can be sprinkled on as soon as the caramel and white chocolate are on.
DRIZZLES. Cut a Ziploc bag at the corner – you will eventually use it to drizzle the white chocolate. Unwrap caramels and place in small pot with 1 TB water. Heat on low-medium temp until melted. (Or if you opt to use Ice Cream Caramel Topping skip this step).
At the same time, melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in Ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it’s done. Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth.
APPLES. Cut your apples right before working on the candy coating and caramel so they do not brown, then place on your prepared dish.
ENJOY! Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on immediately, and serve right away.
Tips, Variations + SToring Info
Have you ever seen an ice cream sundae bar? A nacho bar is a similar concept, but with sliced apples and toppings. Have all the different toppings set out in bowls. Since the caramel bits will harden when cooled, you will need to keep them warm so they can be drizzled over the apples. Be sure you treat the apples for browning.
A few ways to keep the apples from browning:
- Fruit Fresh- This is the easiest. You can typically find a bottle in the food storage section near the canning Jars.
- Lemon Juice: add 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice to a bowl of cold water. Soak the apples in the water and pat them dry.
- Spray the apple slices with sprite or ginger ale
- Peanut Butter Drizzle
- Ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar
- Crushed nuts
- Butterscotch Chips
- Crushed OREOs
- Reese’s Pieces
- Crushed Graham Cracker
- Shredded Coconut
STORE leftover nachos, covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For more caramel apple recipes, check out:
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Donut Muffins
- Snickers and Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Cider
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Apple Nachos Recipe
- 3-4 gala apples
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- caramel sauce
- white chocolate candy coating
- mini chocolate chips
- heath toffee bits
- Place heath bits and mini chips into separate bowls. It’s important to have these all ready so they can be sprinkled on as soon as the caramel and white chocolate are on.
- Cut a ziploc bag at the corner. This will be for the white chocolate for you to drizzle on.
- Cut your apples right before working on candy coating and caramel so they do not brown. Place on your prepared dish.
- Melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in Ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it's done.
- Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth. Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on right away.
- Serve immediately.