Caramel apple nachos taste just like a caramel apple, but simpler to make! They are an easy treat perfect for movie nights and get togethers.
Family Favorite Caramel Apple Nachos
Hello – it’s me, Lily! Last week I mentioned that we made a yummy treat for movie night. It was Caramel Apple Nachos, and it was DELICIOUS!! We’ve had caramel apples before, but never as nachos, which were kind of like caramel apple slices! Mom said we could put on some of our favorite treats, so we put on caramel, white chocolate, mini chocolate chips and toffee bits!! We ate the whole thing in just like 10 minutes!!
If you like Caramel Apples, then you will love this recipe. We used slices of red apples and green apples. The red apples are a little bit sweeter, but I still like both kinds! My mom said it’s much easier to make than Caramel Apples! I think so too!! Plus they’re just as tasty. I think we need to make this EVERY family night. My dad was out of town when we made this, so I’m excited to make it again for him. I think he’ll love it because he likes caramel apples just like mom!
I wish I had some Caramel Apple Nachos right now!! Like I said, it’s really easy. And I think you’ll really like it! I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
How to make Apple Nachos
TOPPINGS. Start by preparing the heath bits and mini chips by putting them into separate bowls. It’s important to have these all ready so they can be sprinkled on as soon as the caramel and white chocolate are on.
DRIZZLES. Cut a Ziploc bag at the corner – you will eventually use it to drizzle the white chocolate. Unwrap caramels and place in small pot with 1 TB water. Heat on low-medium temp until melted. (Or if you opt to use Ice Cream Caramel Topping skip this step). At the same time, melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in Ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it’s done. Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth.
APPLES. Cut your apples right before working on the candy coating and caramel so they do not brown, then place on your prepared dish.
ENJOY! Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on immediately, and serve right away.
Tips, Variations + SToring Info
Have you ever seen an ice cream sundae bar? A nacho bar is a similar concept, but with sliced apples and toppings. Have all the different toppings set out in bowls. Since the caramel bits will harden when cooled, you will need to keep them warm so they can be drizzled over the apples. Be sure you treat the apples for browning.
A few ways to keep the apples from browning:
- Fruit Fresh- This is the easiest. You can typically find a bottle in the food storage section near the canning Jars.
- Lemon Juice: add 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice to a bowl of cold water. Soak the apples in the water and pat them dry.
- Spray the apple slices with sprite or ginger ale
- Peanut Butter Drizzle
- Ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar
- Crushed nuts
- Butterscotch Chips
- Crushed OREOs
- Reese’s Pieces
- Crushed Graham Cracker
- Shredded Coconut
STORE leftover nachos, covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For more caramel apple recipes, check out:
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Donut Muffins
- Snickers and Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Cider
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Apple Nachos Recipe
- 3-4 gala apples
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- 1/2 pkg Kraft caramels, unwrapped (or ice cream caramel topping)
- 1 TB water
- white chocolate candy coating
- mini chocolate chips
- heath toffee bits
- Place heath bits and mini chips into separate bowls. It's important to have these all ready so they can be sprinkled on as soon as the caramel and white chocolate are on.
- Cut a ziploc bag at the corner. This will be for the white chocolate for you to drizzle on.
- Cut your apples right before working on candy coating and caramel so they do not brown. Place on your prepared dish.
- Unwrap caramels and place in small pot with 1 TB water. Heat on low-medium temp until melted. (Or if you opt to use Ice Cream Caramel Topping skip this step).
- At the same time, melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it's done.
- Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth. Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on immediately.
- Serve immediately.