These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO Simple, soft and fluffy, they’re almost like a cake. Filled with pumpkin flavor, and chocolate chips, these cookies have just the right amount of seasonal spices. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is sure to become a fall staple in your home.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Today I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes… Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! I think every baker needs to have a basic recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. This one starts with oil instead of butter, which keeps them extra soft – even for multiple days. To be honest, I think these cookies actually taste even better the day after baking them!
If you’ve never made pumpkin cookies before, you should be aware that the dough is not like regular chocolate chip cookie dough. It is much more sticky, almost like a batter. That’s what makes the cookies so soft and fluffy! Without fail, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies always turn out thick and chewy, almost more like a cake than a cookie.
And When it comes to pumpkin cookies, I prefer them soft and fluffy like this – oh yeah, and easy! 😉
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 101
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies? Here are some tips and points that might help…
I usually use milk chocolate chips in my pumpkin cookies rather than semi-sweet. I think the flavor of milk chocolate pairs so well with pumpkin. But some people even prefer dark chocolate with pumpkin! It might be worth trying all three variations to see which flavor you like best. Having said that, once you have picked your chips, just follow these simple steps to make these fluffy pumpkin cookies.
- Whisk together the oils and sugars, then add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl until they’re well blended.
- Add dry mix to the wet ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to drop dough onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or till they are set in the middle. After a couple minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool.
Now just try not to eat a dozen in one sitting. 😉
Pumpkin Cookie Tips
- The dough will spread more than traditional cookies, so make sure you leave plenty of space between them!
- We also like to set aside a few chocolate chips to put on top of the cookies after I scoop them. It gives them that extra pretty bakery look. Yum! 😉
- To store these cookies, place in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for 2-3 days in a cool spot (or in the fridge for up to a week).
- To freeze pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe Ziploc bag and store for up to 2 months in the freezer.
This is one recipe that we are constantly making in my house during the fall, because they always disappear so quickly whenever I make them. 😉 I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!
For more pumpkin desserts, check out:
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Pudding
- Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO soft and fluffy, they're almost like a cake. Filled with pumpkin flavor, and chocolate chips, these cookies have just the right amount of seasonal spices.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1/3 tsp cloves (optional)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Whisk together oil and sugars. Whisk in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla till smooth.
Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till blended. (You can leave out the nutmeg and cloves if you prefer, or add more cinnamon in their place.)
Add to the wet ingredients and stir gently till just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or till set in the middle. After a couple minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool.
YUMMY!!! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are basically the most classic pumpkin recipe! And this recipes looks AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing with us, Kara. Head on over to Creations by Kara for more amazing recipes like this one!!