Who loves pumpkin pie? It’s something I look forward to baking every fall. Nothing beats a slice of homemade pie! I thought it would be fun to make miniature versions of classic pumpkin pie. These bite-size treats would be perfect for parties or special occasions. They look like you spent all day making them, but in reality, they only take about 15 minutes to assemble.
As far as “special equipment” goes, you’ll need two mini muffin tins and a 3-inch cookie cutter (it can be round or scalloped). I’m sure you could get away with using a drinking glass too if you don’t have the right size cookie cutter on hand. Make sure to spray your pan well so that the pies pop right out. When they’ve cooled enough you can top them with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, or eat them plain! It’s totally up to you. I had such a fun time making these Mini Pumpkin Pies with my kiddos, I’m positive we’ll be making them again & again!
Mini Pumpkin Pies:
- 2 rounds homemade or store-bought pie dough
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher sea salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two mini muffin tins with baking spray, set aside.
- Roll out pie dough on a baking mat or lightly floured surface. Using a 3" circle or flower shape cookie cutter, cut out 24 pieces. Gently press into the wells of the prepared muffin tins. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, egg, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Remove the tins from the refrigerator and fill each crust with 1.5 tablespoons of filling (you can use a #40 cookie scoop to do this). Tap the tins on the counter to create a smooth, even filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the crust begins to turn golden brown in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tins for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Serve room temperature or chilled.
These are so cute & yummy looking, Natalie! Thank you for sharing and for more great recipes from Natalie, head over to Life Made Simple.
For another delicious treat from her, check out: