Ghoulishly green White Chocolate Halloween Hot Cocoa is so delicious and perfect for a Halloween party or celebration!
A Spooky Drink
This Halloween Hot Cocoa is so simple, but it makes for a fun and festive drink to sip on during a cold October night.
You can dress it up as much or as little as you like and serve it at a Halloween party (although you don’t need any special occasion in order to make it.) 😉
The recipe is just a basic white chocolate hot cocoa (made with just milk and white chocolate chips!) with the addition of green food coloring and some spooky treats added to it.
We used gummy worms and witches hats. It was a big hit with our kiddos!
Making HAlloween hot cocoa
MILK. Heat milk and chips on low-medium heat in a small pot on stove.
CHOCOLATE. Whisk and heat until chips are melted.
GARNISH. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring. Add marshmallows and gummy worms for garnish.
Make it in a crock pot:
You can also make this hot chocolate on the crockpot. Heat up the milk in the microwave and add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Stir the hot chocolate every so often to make sure the chocolate doesn’t gather at the bottom.
Also, when using a slow cooker I suggest using an equivalent amount of chopped white chocolate candy bar instead of white chocolate chips. For some reason the chocolate bar seems to melt better than the white chocolate chips.
A slow cooker is also a great way to keep the chocolate warm during a party. Set the pot to the “warm” setting. Stir every so often.
Variations + Storing Info
- Add whipped cream and Halloween sprinkles on top
- Add ghost faces on the side of the marshmallows
- Line the rim with sprinkles
- For a creamier chocolate use whole milk, or add heavy cream or half and half.
- Add a splash of vanilla or peppermint for extra flavor
- For more of a chocolate flavor you can use more white chocolate chips, or consider using milk or dark chocolate (depending on your preferences), or use green candy melts.
- Use non-dairy milk for a healthier alternatives
STORE leftover hot chocolate can be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to a week. Stir before using and reheat in the microwave or stovetop.
For more Halloween Drinks:
Halloween Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- gummy worms
- Heat milk and chips on low-medium heat in a small pot on stove.
- Whisk and heat until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
- Add marshmallows and gummy worms for garnish.