Anyone here craving FRUIT and lots of it?!
We had our first watermelon of the season last week and the kids were so excited. In fact, we also had it on Monday and some yesterday and the kids excitedly told proclaimed, “WOW! We got to have watermelon 3 times!! Isn’t it amazing?!” They said it as if watermelon was the best treat ever (and it is), but I had to laugh to myself since they didn’t realize it was a seasonal fruit. I explained to them that we would buy watermelon every week if we could, but that it wasn’t always in season. I think they understood what I was saying, but what they mostly got from the conversation was a realization that they would be eating a ton more watermelon this summer, and that’s all they cared about. I’m excited about that too.
With summer time, I’m especially grateful for fruit and seem to crave it every day!! I also start to incorporate fruit more into my recipes and today’s treat is so fruity and delicious that I think it will knock your socks off. In fact, we made these Paradise Parfaits for a dessert when we had company over and a few people said it was the most heavenly treat ever. With the creamy combo of a delicious fluffy pudding and fruit, I’d have to agree. The cream mixture comes from one of my favorite desserts – Kansas City Dirt Cake. It’s creamy filling is one of my favorites so I use it in many other desserts. It was perfectly combined with the fruit in this parfait making it a whole new treat and a NEW favorite!!
- Strawberries, hulled and halved
- Pineapple, cut up
- 4 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup Margarine or butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 small container cool whip
- 1 box INSTANT white chocolate or vanilla pudding
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer fruit and creamy pudding mixture in cups and top with a whole strawberry.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
This is seriously so good, and I’m excited to make this a few more times this summer.
For more fruity treats you may like, check out:
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
And for ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.