This NO BAKE cheesecake is the perfect recipe for summer. With a delicious graham cracker crust, and a creamy vanilla cream cheese mixture, you can top it with anything and everyone loves it.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, and I especially love no bake cheesecakes! I’m not impartial to any one flavor, but this classic vanilla flavor is pretty darn good – just as tasty as my chocolate and oreo no bake versions!
no oven necessary!
I absolutely love cheesecake, and I absolutely love strawberries. The only problem is that when the weather heats up and strawberries are in season, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven for an hour to bake a cheesecake. That’s why I needed the perfect no bake cheesecake recipe.
If you’re anything like me and love cheesecake, but hate using your oven in the summer heat, you need this recipe too! And today I’m sharing it with you here on Lil Luna. (P.S. – It’s me, Fiona from Just So Tasty).
This no bake cheesecake is creamy, tangy, and everything that a cheesecake should be. It has an amazing graham cracker crust (which might be my favorite part), classic vanilla cheesecake, and is topped with sugared strawberries. It’s the perfect combination of rich cheesecake, and light, refreshing fruit!
You’ll love how cool and creamy this no bake cheesecake is. Better yet, you’ll love how EASY the recipe is!
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake
Crust. We’ll mix together some graham cracker crumbs, a little sugar and melted butter – then it gets pressed into the bottom of our springform pan. Place it in the freezer while you make the cheesecake layer.
Cheesecake. The no bake cheesecake layer is made from a combination of cream cheese, Greek yogurt and whipped topping (plus powdered sugar and flavorings). The yogurt makes the cheesecake extra smooth and creamy, and the whipped topping helps the cheesecake stay firm.
NOTE: This recipe also uses gelatin to set the cheesecake. This helps your cheesecake stay especially firm during hot summer months. If you prefer to make it without gelatin, that’s ok (just leave out the water too). It will still work, but I recommend letting it firm up in the freezer, then thawing in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Strawberry Topping. If you’re planning on using sugared strawberries as your topping, make sure you start a few hours before you plan on serving – it really helps bring out the juices in the berries!
Serve. I like to serve each slice with fresh sugared strawberries. It’s a super easy fruit topping, and makes the cheesecake tasty and refreshing during the summer. I also added a little whipped cream for good measure, but that’s totally up to you!
More topping ideas:
If strawberries aren’t really your thing, don’t worry! This vanilla cheesecake base is so versatile, you could pair it with just about anything! Here are some more ideas.
- Caramel drizzle
- Chocolate syrup
- Other berries/fruits (Blackberries, blueberries, kiwi, shredded coconut)
- Chocolate shavings
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy/cookies (Oreos, Thin mints, Reese’s, Snickers)
Tips, Tricks, and FAQ
What do I do if I don’t have a springform pan? If you don’t have a springform pan you’re in luck! Try one of the following suggestions:
- Line a regular cake plan with parchment paper. Once the cake has chilled completely use the parchment paper to lift the cake out of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in a disposable aluminum pan. Once the cake has chilled completely cut away the sides of the pan.
- Serve directly from a regular pan. The slices will look far from perfect but it’ll taste the same.
How long can no bake cheesecake sit out? Be cautious with any food left at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. If you’re hosting a party that lasts longer, only place a few slices out at a time
How to store no bake cheesecake: This cheesecake must be stored in a cold place. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil. The cheesecake will last for 5-7 days in the fridge.
Can I freeze no bake cheesecake? YES! You can freeze the cake whole or in slices. Once chilled, remove the cake from the baking pan, slice if desired, and wrap with plastic wrap (do not add toppings). Store in an airtight container or wrap again with foil. Label the contents and include the date packaged.
Store in the freezer for 3-4 months for best quality but can safely be stored for 6-8 months. To eat: thaw overnight in the fridge, add toppings and enjoy!
I love how this no bake cheesecake recipe has a classic cheesecake flavor and creamy texture, but is way easier than making a baked cheesecake. The fresh strawberries give a beautiful pop of color, and it’s the best no bake cheesecake recipe I’ve ever tried.
For more awesome no bake recipes, check out these:
- No Bake Strawberry Nutella Cheesecakes
- No Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 TB sugar
- 6 TB butter, melted
- 1 packet gelatin (about 2 ¼ tsp)
- 1/4 c boiling water
- 24 oz cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1 3/4 c powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 c frozen whipped topping thawed
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
- 1/3 c sugar
- whipped cream for serving optional
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the springform pan, making a slight lip up the sides of the pan.
- Place in the freezer while you make the cream cheese layer.
For the Cheesecake Layer
- In a small bowl dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and let sit while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until very soft. Then mix in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, sour cream, and gelatin mixture.
- Turn off the mixer and gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Then take the springform pan out of the freezer and spoon the cheesecake layer overtop, smoothing the top with a flat-edge knife or spatula.
- Set in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight. You can also speed up this process by placing the cheesecake in the freezer.
For the Sugared Strawberries
- A few hours before you plan to serve the cheesecake, you can make the sugared strawberries. This brings out the juices in the strawberries.
- First, hull the strawberries then cut them into quarters or eighths. Toss the strawberries with the sugar, and then place them in a container in the fridge.
- To serve the cheesecake, take it out of the fridge and trace the edges of the springform pan with a thin sharp knife. Then unclamp the pan and cut it into pieces.
- Top with whipped cream and sugared berries.
Wow, it looks so delicious. My younger brother like strawberry flavor. Maybe I will make this cake on his birthday. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
If, he does, then he should love this! He’d think you are the best!
This is so good! So much better than the boxed cheesecake mix. Got a question for you – I have a carton of heavy whipping cream to use up. Do you think I could use that in place of the cool whip? Thanks, Anne
Of course you can!!! I hope you like these and I agree with you..homemade is the best!
Absolutely delicious! Best no bake cheesecake ive ever Made! I Used fresh whipping cream instead of cool whip – worked beaUtifully. The consistency was firm as i had hoped. Making it again tomorrow!!
Yay!! I love hearing that! Using fresh whipping cream is perfect!! Thank you so much!
Kristyn, THANK YOU!
Things are warming up around here which as me in the mood for BBQ’s. This will be the perfect dessert to make for my hubby this coming weekend. He loves cheesecake.
i wish i have on my biryhday . thabks for sharing
I hope you get it & like it!
i love these cakes. these are full of taste
SO happy you think so 🙂 Thank you!
Easiest & creamiest cheesecake ever!! I love this as a base & any topping is perfect over it!
You will love the taste and simplicity of this cheesecake. Perfect summer dessert!
This is my favorite cheesecake! It’s simple, creamy, & perfect with any topping!
i love these cakes. these are full of taste!
So happy you think so! Thanks so much!
No-Bake desserts are perfect for summer! No need to heat up the kitchen, when you can have this delicious dessert. So rich and creamy. I love adding fresh summer fruit on top too.
The cheese cake tuRned out smooth. I Like adding a mixed berry compost so i use that i stead Of just strawberrieS.
My dad is obsessed with cheesecake so I made him this for his birthday and it was a hit!
Why, every time I make a graham cracker crust, it gets hard and difficult to cut?
Here are a few ideas as to why it might be hard…. 1) Added too much butter to the recipe, which hardens when refrigerated. 2) Pressing too hard when forming the crust to your pan. You want to press hard enough to get a good shape and keep the crumbs in place, but no need to press too hard. 3) The crust got overcooked (not applicable in this recipe though since it’s a no-bake recipe). If using a crust for a baked recipe, you can try lowering the temperature or shortening the cooking time next time.
Thank you for your help.
Made this for the holidays last year and it was so good! I will definitely be making this again!
Love anything with Strawberries 🍓 thanks for sharing! 🥰
I do not like bakedvcheesecake at all. Give me No Bake any day of the werk!
Hope you enjoyed this no bake recipe!
Perfect dessert for the hot summer heat here in South Texas, my family loves it
Mmm yes, such a great option for these hot summer days! So glad your family loves the cheesecake!