I find it hard to want to get in the kitchen during the middle of the summer in Arizona. I mean, who can blame me when temps are at 115?! This place is HOT, but that doesn’t mean our desire for treats is gone. Instead, we try to make as many quick and no bake treats as possible. We recently tried some No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars that the entire family loved, and I wanted to share the recipe with y’all today.
These Oat bars were like a more chocolate-y and delicious granola bar, which means they were loved by all. Layers of oat and chocolate all topped off with a drizzle of even more chocolate made up this yummy treat. The best part? NO BAKING involved!! Not only are these perfect for summer time, but they’re great all year long and can give you the feel of a delicious baked chocolate and oat treat without actually having to bake them!
The first layer of oats!
Topped with chocolate and more oats!
The thick layer of chocolate in the middle is definitely my favorite part (how could it not be?)!! We hope you can give these a try and enjoy a delicious treat without heating up the house. 😉
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars:
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
Simple and delicious no bake Chocolate Oat Bars - a great dessert to enjoy any time of year without heating up the house!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- chocolate chips for drizzle
Grease a 9x9 inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add oats and cook on low for a few minutes.
- Pour half of this mixture into the greased pan and press down with spatula. Set aside reserve.
- In another pot, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low. Stir until smooth and pour over bottom oat layer.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over top.
- Cover, and refrigerate for a few hours. Bring bars to room temp before cutting and ENJOY!
Here is our fav recipe for classic No Bake Cookies:
For more great no bake desserts, check out: