I don’t know about you, but I think foods are just so much more fun when they are served miniature sized. These mini Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Cups are no exception! The flavors of cherry cheesecake, but served in a sugar cookie cup. It really is soo yummy!
Unlike many of my favorite cheesecake recipes, these mini cheesecake cups are perfect for serving to a crowd. They are easy for guests to grab and eat, and no one can resist them!
I used homemade sugar cookie dough for my crust, but you can use refrigerated cookie dough. Just roll the dough in balls and place in mini muffin pans. Then, make an indentation in each one (I like to use the back of a teaspoon). After you bake them, the center will sink a bit, but I also like to use the spoon again to make the indentation even more pronounced.
What’s great is you can make the cookie crusts ahead of time and freeze them until you need them. You can even fill them a day ahead, cover, and chill them. Just note that you’ll need to add the pie filling right before serving though, or they can get soggy.
MY OTHER RECIPES
This delicious recipe is seriously a crowd favorite and will be perfect for all your summer get togethers. Here is what you’ll need to make this Cheesecake recipe…
Cherry Cheesecake Cups:
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Cherry pie filling (I used about half of a 21 oz. can)
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till creamy. Add egg, almond extract, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and stir till well combined.
- Roll into 1" balls and place in well greased mini muffin pans. Make an indentation in the dough with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes, or till lightly browned on the edges. Use a spoon to press the dough down in the middle, forming a cup. Remove to cooling racks and cool completely.
- For filling:
- Beat whipping cream till stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese till smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Add whipped cream, and beat till well combined.
- Fill cups with filling. I piped it in, but you can just spoon it in if you prefer.
- Top with cherry pie filling. Serve immediately.
If cherry pie filling isn’t your thing, you can substitute any other flavor. Enjoy!
Here are a couple more non-traditional cheesecake recipes:
Cherry cheesecake is so yummy!! I could definitely go for one of these right about now! Thanks so much for sharing, Kara! For more delicious recipes by her, head on over to Creations by Kara!
Another great cherry recipes we love is this Cherry Sheet Cake – so good!
And for more yummy fruity treats, check out these recipes: