Cherry cheesecake cupcakes are bite-sized treats made with a cream cheese base and topped with cherry pie filling. They’re sweet, tart, and ultra simple to make!
These tasty treats are like a cupcake version of our Cherry Cheesecake Delights! For a cookie cup version, try Mini Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Cups.
Cheesecake and Cupcakes in One!
I LOVE baking! The creativity and fun that comes with baking is just so exciting to me! You can combine recipes and ingredients to make new unique creations—and that’s exactly what this recipe is.
You might be wondering what a cheesecake cupcake is… It’s the perfect combination of two of the best desserts—cheesecake and cupcakes! I will say it is more cream cheese-y than cake-y, so if you enjoy cheesecake, you will love these little bites.
Technically you could top the cupcakes with any topping you like, but the cherry pie filling complimented the base just perfectly!! It made the yummiest combination of sweet and tart.
Just 6 Ingredients!
Believe it or not, you can whip up these simple little treats with just 6 ingredients and a hand mixer. All you need is:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- pie filling
BEAT. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups
BAKE. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 300°. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool for at least 5 minutes.
2ND LAYER. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon on top of cupcakes.
BAKE. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes, until set. Cool for 10 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
TOP. Top with cherry pie filling and serve.
You do not have to stick with cherry for these delicious cupcakes. In fact, you can use any filling such as blueberry, raspberry or strawberry pie filling. You could also use a chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or nutella and drizzle it over the top.
A really fun way to serve these cheesecakes is to set out a variety of toppings and let your guests choose which one to use.
Next time, we want to try these cherry cheesecake cupcakes with a graham cracker crust. For those of you who would like to do the same here is the directions to add one:
You’ll need 1 1/8 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 2 ½ tbsp sugar and ⅓ c melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Place cupcake liners into the cake tin.
- In a medium bowl combine crust ingredients. Divine it evenly between the 18 cupcake liners. Press the crumbs firmly into the liners.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely before adding the cream cheese mix.
Keep any leftover cherry cheesecake cupcakes STORED in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
You can FREEZE leftover cupcakes with or without topping. For plain cupcakes, wrap each cheesecake with plastic wrap and store them all in a freezer safe container.
If the cupcakes have pie filling on top, you will need to flash freeze first. You do this by placing all the cupcakes on a baking sheet Freeze for 2-3 hours or until the top has hardened. Wrap individually with plastic wrap and then place in an airtight freezer safe container.
Frozen cheesecakes can last for about 6 months in the freezer. Before eating, remove the plastic wrap and thaw in the fridge.
For more great cheesecake recipes, check out:
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Churro Cheesecake Bars
More Collections: New Years Eve Desserts,
Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1½ cups sugar divided
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 300℉.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon on top of cupcakes. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes, until set. Cool for 10 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool.
- Top with pie filling. ENJOY! Store in the refrigerator.
Love cheese cake, can’t wait to make these for Easter dinner!
See More Comments