My Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies are beyond easy (perfect for the kiddos to help with). If you love chocolate chip cookies and you love Christmas, then you have to try this recipe.
I bake all year long, but I always associate it with the holidays. I’m sure everyone could admit that food brings families together, and they definitely do that for our family. One of our favorite things to bake around the holidays are cookies.
Today’s holiday cookies are not only simple, but perfect for Christmas and even Santa’s plate. They are made using one of Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes, which can be found in the baking section of your local grocery store. You can also make a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but this version is especially easy for the busy holiday season.
How to Make Chocolate Chip CHRISTMAS Cookies
As mentioned, the base of the cookies is made using a mix, which helps speed up the cookie baking process. Here are all the ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 1 Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix (1 lb. 1.5 oz)
- Butter and egg called for on pouch
- 1 package of vanilla candy coating or 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- Holiday Sprinkles
Once your cookies are made using the package directions, you will just melt your candy coating or chocolate chips in a small pot until smooth. Then, dip your cookies half way into the chocolate and let set on parchment paper.
Sprinkle the cookies with holiday sprinkles and let set for 1-2 hours until hardened.
These cookies aren’t only pretty but they’re delicious – AND quick!!! For a quick recap of how to make these delicious treats, you can even watch this video:
YUMMY!! What I love most about these cookies is the simplicity of the recipe! Using the Betty Crocker Cookie Mix made it fast and simple, and one my kids couldn’t mess up on even if they tried. 😉
For more holiday treats, check out:
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix (1 lb. 1.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 package vanilla candy coating
- holiday sprinkles
- Make cookies as directed on pouch. Let cool completely.
- Pour your vanilla candy coating (or white chocolate chips) into a small pot. Heat on LOW temp by stirring with a rubber spatula constantly until all melted and smooth.
- Dip cookies halfway into melted white chocolate mixture and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles. Let sit for 1-2 hours until firm.
If you are looking for even more great recipes to try out with your kids this holiday season be sure to check out BettyCrocker.com. It’s the one-stop-shop for Holiday inspiration and guidance and has loads of holiday cookie decorating ideas. You can even go to the Christmas Cookies with Kids section, which is where I found the recipe above.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker. The opinions and text are all mine.