Hi guys! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. Family and Food is always a good combination 🙂 For turkey day we stick to pumpkin, and creams, and fruity desserts. But as soon as black Friday hits, it’s all about the peppermint. I’ve shared with you some of our new favorite peppermint recipes, like these Peppermint Cheesecake Bars and these Peppermint Melt Aways.
Today is no different. I thought I would share one last yummy peppermint recipe for the season. These cookies were very easy to make and they look so pretty and festive! They were delicious too! If you have plans to go to the store to buy some cheapy cookies for your next party, buy the simple ingredients for this recipe instead. They don’t take much time or effort to make, and you’ll be praised by family and friends, I promise!
Here is the recipe…
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp peppermint extract (or 1 tsp. vanilla)
- white chocolate candy quick (or candy melts)
- peppermints or candy canes, crushed
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in your egg and vanilla. Gradually mix in your dry ingredients. Roll out teaspoon sized balls of dough, and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Let stand for two minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- While cookies are cooling, melt candy quick according to package directions. Dip half of each cookie into candy quick. Allow excess to drip off and then place on wax or parchment paper. Sprinkle each with crushed candy. Stick into the fridge to harden.
Adapted from Mama Grubbs Grubs
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12+
ANY CHANGES MADE: used peppermint extract in place of vanilla
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
These babies are so delicious! For more awesome holiday cookie recipes, you’ve gotta check out these:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!