Christmas cookie bars are chewy and delicious. The M&Ms add a festive pop, making them perfect for any party!
This Christmas bar recipe is tasty, festive and just right for the holidays. For more yummy treats try Frosted Holiday Mint M&M Cookies, Easy Brownie Christmas Trees, or Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Very Merry Cookie Bars
These cookies bars are ooey and chewy goodness. The best part is they are super easy to make and do not require much prep time at all. They make a tasty and quick treat to whip together for a last minute holiday party or for surprise visitors!
I love that you can make these super festive by changing up the M&Ms, that’s also a great way to boost the flavor profile! I love to try mint M&Ms for a little bit of extra yum.
My girls like to whip these up themselves because the are seriously so easy! Then we get the vanilla ice cream out and eat a big scoop with these warm and merry cookie bars.
Making Christmas Cookie Bars
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9 baking pan.
DOUGH. In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter. In a mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and pour into the 9×9 pan.
SPRINKLE & BAKE. Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms and chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Variations: From doubling the recipe to what you put on top, this recipe is easy to adjust to whatever you desire:
- Doubling: Simply double the ingredients and bake the bars in a larger pan. For thicker bars use a 9×13 pan. For thinner bars use an 11×16 pan. Bake at 350°F for a few extra minutes than stated in the recipe.
- Toppings: Using red, white and green M&Ms was an easy way to turn these cookies into a festive treat. Some other festive toppings include christmas sprinkles and christmas colored frosting. You don’t have to stick to Christmas colors you can also use toppings like white chocolate chips, chopped toffee bits, butterscotch chips. Be creative!
So many great ways to change these up!
Serving and Storing
These cookie bars would be a delicious treat SERVED with warm cocoa or cider. Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cocoa
- Caramel Apple Cider
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
Much like traditional chocolate chip cookies, these cookie bars STORE really well. You can keep them on the counter or put them in the freezer to save for later.
- Room temp: Cover the pan with plastic wrap and then store the bars on the counter for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Use plastic wrap to wrap the entire block with plastic wrap or you can wrap each bar individually. Wrap again with foil or place in a freezer Ziploc.
- Reheat: simply heat the bars up in the microwave for a few seconds.
For more Dessert Bars, try:
For more Christmas Treats, check out:
Christmas Cookie Bar Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x9 baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
- In a mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and pour into the 9x9 pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms and chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.