This post is sponsored by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
These Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis are the cutest and most delicious way to enjoy the winter season and spread Christmas cheer.
If there is one dessert I cannot pass up, it’s cheesecake. It’s rich, creamy, and smooth, yet still has texture from the crust. And, the toppings and flavor combinations are endless. Today, I’m sharing the most adorable little Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis.
Making a giant cheesecake can seem overwhelming because of how long it takes and how many people you need to eat it up. I love mini cheesecakes because it comes together in just under 4 hours. No having to wait overnight to eat cheesecake! Plus, they’re already perfectly portioned for serving.
When making cheesecake, it’s important to use high quality cream cheese– PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. It’s perfectly smooth, creamy, and holds up nicely.
The Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis are a cinch to make. First, just crush up some OREOS, mix it with a little butter, press into cupcake liners, and bake. While it’s baking you make the cheesecake filling which is only 4 ingredients- PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and eggs.
To get a smooth, properly risen cheesecake there are 3 simple things you must do:
1) Soften the PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. This is done best by microwaving at 50% power until middle is softened.
2) Beat the PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese until smooth with no clumps.
3) Add the eggs one at a time until just incorporated (be sure not to overbeat).
Once you’ve mixed the batter, you can spoon it into the liners. My favorite trick is to use a large trigger ice cream scoop. It’s the perfect amount of batter and doesn’t make a mess.
These little guys only take 22 minutes to bake and then 2-3 hours to cool/chill. Yeah, cheesecake you can make at noon and eat before dinner. But first you gotta top these babies with homemade whipped cream, a sprinkling of cocoa powder, crushed candy cane, a few marshmallows and a little handle made out of chocolate.
No one will be able to pass these Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis up at your holiday party!
Let me show you how easy these are to make:
- Press the cookie crumbs into the cupcake liners and bake.
2. Combine and mix the PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder together.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each until just blended.
4. Spoon the batter onto of the cooked crust and bake.
5. Cool and chill.
6. Remove the paper liners and add the toppings — Whipped cream, cocoa powder, crushed candy cane, marshmallows, and chocolate handle.
Told you they were adorable – and DELICIOUS!! We know we will be counting on PHILADELPHIA Cream cheese for all our holiday needs.
And for more holiday desserts, check out:
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis VIDEO:
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis
- 10 OREO cookies
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 8 ounce packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup +1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup +1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces BAKER'S semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
Heat oven to 325°F.
Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottoms of 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 8 min.
Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Spoon over crusts.
Bake 22 to 25 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Meanwhile, cover baking sheet with parchment. Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; spoon into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to squeeze chocolate into 12 shapes on prepared baking sheet to resemble cup handles as shown in photo. Freeze until ready to use.
Remove liners from cheesecakes. Beat cream and remaining sugar in separate medium bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; spoon onto cheesecakes. Sprinkle with remaining cocoa powder; top with marshmallows (we even added crushed candy canes for an extra flair). Gently press chocolate handle into side of each cheesecake.