We all know that Thanksgiving is wonderful, but often stressful. Here are some things to organize and plan to make the day easy peasy!
- THE MENU
- How much to make? Figure out about how many people will be attending. Then, decide how much to make of each item. Add a new dish for every 5-8 people attending.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your guests to bring a dish. Most are happy to help!
- SHOPPING: Don’t wait until the last minute. Stores get crowded and ingredients run out, so plan accordingly.
- STORAGE: Clean out the fridge the week before to make room for Thanksgiving food.
For our ideal Thanksgiving Menu – check out these recipes.
Plan a scheduled based on these questions:
- What can be made ahead of time?
- Can anything be made in a crock pot?
- What are all the items that need to be cooked in the oven and in what order?
- Can any items go into the oven at the same time?
- What are all the items that need to be cooked on the stove top and what order?
- How can I keep items warm?
- Do any dishes need to be reheated?
Jot down a schedule for yourself to keep you on track and always add a buffer of 30 minutes. ;)