Sugar Cookie Blossoms are a chewy, soft sugar cookie rolled in sugar and topped with a Mint Meltaway candy. They’re simple and delicious!
Pretty Pastel Cookies
These cookies were originally inspired by our Peanut Butter Blossoms. Only, instead of a peanut butter base with a chocolate kiss, this version has a sugar cookie base with a Mint Meltaway.
Our family has always loved Mint Meltaways, but I thought the pastel pink, yellow, and green colors were especially fitting for spring time, making these a great Easter treat!
Soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet, these Sugar Cookie Blossoms are impossible to resist!
How to Make Them
PREP. Preheat oven to 375. Place ¼ cup sugar into a bowl.
DOUGH. Add 1 cup sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to a bowl and mix well. Beat until well combined. In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to your creamed mixture and mix well.
SHAPE & ROLL. Shape dough into 1½ inch balls, roll in sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
BAKE. Bake 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately add 1 mint candy to the center of each cookie. Let cool.
- You want to keep the dough balls about 1-1.5 inches. Too much bigger or smaller will cause the cookie to mint candy ratio to be off and they won’t look quite right.
- To help keep the dough from spreading too much, chill the dough for about 30 minutes before scoping and baking.
These are one of the easiest Easter treats to make. They’re cute, delicious and so easy to adjust for different looks and flavors:
- Roll the cookie dough in colored sugar sprinkles
- Add food coloring to the cookie dough
- Any kind of candy kiss will work for the center
Making Ahead & Storing
Make the dough ahead of time and store it to be baked later. You can either keep the dough covered in the fridge for up to 3 days or put it in the freezer.
To prep the dough to be frozen you will need to flash freeze it first. You do this by lining up the dough balls on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer until the dough is solid. Transfer the dough to a freezer safe Ziploc and freeze for up to 2 months. Store the Mint Candy Meltaways separately.
Storage: Once the cookies have been baked and the mints have been added to the tops you will need to let them cool off before storing them. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also store the baked cookies in the freezer for up to one month.
For more Easter treats, try:
- Bird’s Nest Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Cookie Dough Trifles
- Rice Krispie Easter Nests
- Easter Chick Cupcakes
- Easter Oreo Dirt Cake
Sugar Cookie Blossoms Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add 1 cup sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to a bowl and mix well. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to your creamed mixture and mix well.
- Place ¼ cup sugar into a bowl.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls, roll in sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately add 1 mint candy to the center of each cookie. Let cool. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes.