Easter is right around the corner and we’ve been making all sorts of fun goodies like these Easter Chick Cupcakes. They’re made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs and just a few simple ingredients. Aren’t they super cute?!
The best part about these cupcakes is that they’re kid-friendly. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat. You can definitely count on them being devoured in minutes.
You can find Hershey Easter offerings at retailers nationwide, which means the next time you’re out and about, grab a bag of individually wrapped yellow Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs and make these cupcakes for your post egg hunt party! And while you’re at it, be sure to pick up a variety of new and classic treats form from Hershey’s to fill this year’s Easter basket with!!
Here’s what you need to make these fun and festive cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix + ingredients needed
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. whole milk
- green food coloring
- orange food coloring
- 24 individually wrapped yellow Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Prepare cake mix & bake according to the box's instructions. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, in a large mixing bowl (with a hand mixer) or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, vanilla and salt together for 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar and milk and beat for 1 minute, scrape down the sides, remove a ⅓ cup of the frosting and place in a small bowl. Add the green food coloring (a few drops) to the large bowl and beat for an additional minute.
- Place the green frosting in a piping bag with a grass tip and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Add the orange food coloring (a few drops) to the reserved frosting and mix until combined. Place the orange frosting in a piping bag with a small round tip and pipe a beak, two dots for eyes, and feet onto the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. Place the eyes on. Add the eggs to the top of each cupcake.
Check out Celebrate with Hershey’s for new and creative ways to engage the whole family & make this year’s Easter one to remember! P.S. Tag your Hershey Easter creations with #HersheysEaster – we want to see them!
For all Easter ideas, go HERE.