Easter is almost here!!
I’m kinda freaking out about it. I feel like the holiday just snuck up on me wayyy too fast, and I’m trying to make sure my kids can do some fun and festive Easter activities before it comes. Back in Arizona, we usually had Egg Hunts with my in-laws, one with my extended family, one at church and one with my own little family. Yes, 4 is a LOT but they were never really big. Now that we’re away from home we’ll try and have one at church and we’ll be sure to have at least one Glow-in-the-Dark Egg Hunt. It has become tradition, and even the hubby and I like taking part in this fun activity.
Back in Arizona, my mom and aunts are meeting today to discuss the Easter menu for all the Lunas. They always have the most incredible food, and I’m a little sad I’ll be missing it. One of the recipes that is always made are these Easter Basket Cookie Cups that my Aunt Chris makes each year. They are DELICIOUS and always gone in minutes. If you love peanut butter cookies (or you can make them regular) and delicious frosting and M&Ms, then you’ll agree that these little beauties are the BEST!
Here are video instructions:
Here is the printable recipe:
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 C. Shortening
- 1 C. Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C. Milk
- 3½ Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ C. Unsalted butter
- 3-4 C. Powdered sugar
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugars, shortening, peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Mix well. Add eggs and milk, mix until creamy. Fold in flour and baking soda.
- With a large cookie scoop, place dough in the cup of a greased muffin tin.
- Using a tart press or something similar make an indent into each scoop. This will help mold the dough into the muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They will rise when baking and will set down once taken out of the oven. Let cool completely.
- Combine butter, milk, vanilla and 2 cups of your powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix till smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining powdered sugar and food coloring of your choice.
- Pipe your frosting into your cookie cups and top with Peanut Butter M&Ms. ENJOY!
These are SOOO good!
Now, you are totally welcome to change things up and use your own favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. OR you can even change it up even more and make it a regular Cookie dough (with or without chips). 🙂
No matter how you make them I know you’ll love them!
For even more yummy Easter treats, be sure to check out:
Or turn them into Pudding Cups:
For all Easter ideas on the site go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!