This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chewy and chocolatey Easter Cookies are perfect for spring! They are packed with M&M and white chocolate goodness.
Perfect for Spring and Easter!
These chewy Easter Cookies are packed with bits of chocolatey goodness. By adding a scoop of chopped candies directly to the batter and layering additional M&Ms on top you get bursts of flavor in every bite.
These easy Easter Cookies look adorable and festive, perfect for Easter and spring! The kids love to dip these beauties in milk or make our own cookie ice cream sandwiches. The possibilities are delicious!
Making Perfect Easter Cookies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F
WET INGREDIENTS. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until fluffy.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Add baking powder, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and flour. Mix until combined.
M&M’S. Add as many chopped M&Ms as you prefer as well as ½ c white chocolate chips.
SCOOP. Scoop the dough and roll it into balls. Add 5 whole M&M to the top center of each dough ball. Add a few white chocolate chips on top as well.
BAKE. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
Make them picture perfect. After scooping the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, add 5 M&Ms and about 4 white chocolate chips to the top center of the dough balls. As the dough bakes, it will spread and the toppings will disperse evenly over the top, making them look nice and pretty!
Perfectly giftable. These cute cookies make a really good gift for those you love and appreciate. I like to add green crinkle paper in a container so it looks like grass, then nestle the cookies on top. No matter how you gift wrap them, the receiver will LOVE them!
Not only are these cookies decked out for Easter, but they taste amazing. With that said, one of my favorite things to do when baking is to change things up and see what happens.
Here are a few things that I have tried in the past that create a slightly different, yet still delicious, cookie.
- Make em chewier. The easiest way to make these a bit chewier is to change up the brown sugar. Use dark brown sugar instead of light. Or reduce the amount of white sugar and increase the amount of brown sugar.
- For a flatter cookie reduce the amount of flour.
- For a thicker cookie that holds its shape, add a bit more flour. You can also chill the dough before baking.
- Use almond extract instead of vanilla.
- For a crispy crunch to your cookie, replace an equal amount of brown sugar with white sugar. You can also completely melt your butter before mixing it in.
STORE. Place Easter Cookies in an airtight container, along with a piece of white bread to help keep them soft, and store them at room temperature for 4-5 days.
FREEZE Easter Cookies in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
STORE cookie dough. Cover the bowl and keep the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days before scooping and baking.
FREEZE cookie dough. For longer storage, scoop the dough balls (do not add the extra M&Ms and chocolate chips to the top because they tend to fall off in the freezer), and line them up onto a baking sheet. Put the sheet in the freezer until they are solid, then transfer them to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To bake. Allow them to thaw on a cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. If desired, add extra M&Ms and chips to the top before baking.
Place cooked Cookies in an airtight container, along with a piece of white bread to help keep them soft, and store them at room temperature for 4-5 days. OR, we like to freeze them as dough balls and then bake them fresh the day of.
We love using the seasonal Easter M&Ms along with white chocolate chips, but Easter Sprinkles work well. You can also dip half the cookie (after baking) in melted white chocolate and add Sprinkles too.
For more springtime cookies:
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Strawberry N Cream Pudding Cookie
- Coconut Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Easter Basket Cookie Cups
Easter Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Add as many chopped M&Ms as you prefer as well as 1/2 c white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough and roll it into balls. Add 5 whole M&M to the top center of each dough ball. Add a few white chocolate chips on top as well.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More easy Easter Cookies
For more Easter Cookies, be sure to check out some of these other favorites that are simple, festive and great to enjoy for Easter!
1 Easter Basket Cookie Cups Recipe
2 Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
3 Sugar Cookie Blossoms Recipe
4 Bird’s Nest Sugar Cookies Recipe
5 Fruit Pizza Cookie Recipe
6 Coconut Cookies Recipe
7 Lemon Crinkle Cookie Recipe
8 Gooey Butter Cookies Recipe
9 Strawberry Cookie Recipe
10 Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
All yummy – all great for Easter!