Chewy and chocolatey Easter cookies are perfect for spring. They are packed with M&M and white chocolate goodness.
These cookies are so tasty it’s impossible to just have one. They are easy to transport to gatherings or pack in lunches for a fun surprise. For more sweet spring treats, try Strawberry Sheet Cake, No Roll Sugar Cookies, and Coconut Cookies.
Perfect for Spring and Easter!
I love that I can cater these cookies to any holiday or any season. Just change out the M&Ms for your faves! My most favorite are almond M&Ms so I like to sneak those in whenever possible.
These chewy cookies are packed with bits of chocolatey goodness. By adding a scoop of chopped candies directly in the batter and layer additional M&Ms on top you get bursts of flavor in every bite.
These cookies not only look adorable and festive, but they are quite tasty. The kids love to dip these beauties in milk, or make our own cookie ice cream sandwiches. The possibilities are delicious!
Tips for Perfect Easter Cookies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F
DOUGH. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together white sugar, brown sugar, butter and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until fluffy. Add baking powder, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and flour. Mix until combined.
M&M’S. Add as many chopped M&Ms as you prefer as well as ½ c white chocolate chips.
SCOOP. Scoop the dough and roll into balls. Add 5 whole M&M to the top center of each dough ball. Add a few white chocolate chips on top as well.
BAKE. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
Picture Perfect: If you notice the process picture below, it shows the cookie dough right before I place them in the oven. After I have scooped the dough balls onto the cookie sheet, I add 5 M&Ms and about 4 white chocolate chips to the top center of the dough balls. As the dough bakes, it will spread and the toppings will disperse evenly over the top, making them look nice and pretty!
Giftable: These cute cookies make a really good gift for those you love and appreciate. I like to add some green crinkle paper in a container so it looks like grass then nestle the cookies on top. No matter how you gift wrap them, the receiver will LOVE them!
Not only are these cookies decked out for Easter, but they taste amazing. With that said, one of my favorite things to do when baking is to change things up and see what happens. Here are a few things that I have tried in the past that create a slightly different, yet still delicious, cookie.
- Make em chewier: The easiest way to make these a bit chewier is to change up the brown sugar. You can use dark brown sugar instead of light. You can also reduce the amount of white sugar and increase the amount of brown sugar.
- For a flatter cookie reduce the amount of flour.
- For a thicker cookie that holds its shape you can add a bit more flour. You can also chill the dough before baking.
- Use almond extract instead of vanilla
- If you like a crispy crunch to your cookie, replace an equal amount of brown sugar with white sugar. You can also completely melt your butter before mixing it in.
One of the best things about these Easter cookies is they STORE well for several days. Place them in an airtight container, along with a piece of white bread to help keep them soft, and they’ll last at room temperature for 4-5 days.
You can also FREEZE them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
To store the DOUGH, cover the bowl and keep the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days before scooping it and baking.
For longer storage, scoop the dough balls (I would hold off on adding the extra M&Ms and chocolate chips to the top because they tend to fall off in the freezer), and line them up onto a baking sheet. Put the sheet in the freezer until they are solid, then transfer them to a freeze safe container. The dough balls can freeze for up to 3 months.
Allow them to thaw on a cookie sheet for about 20 minutes. If you desire, add extra M&Ms and chips to the top before baking.
For more cookies that are perfect for spring time, try:
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Strawberry N Cream Pudding Cookie
- Coconut Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Easter Basket Cookie Cups
Easter Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Add as many chopped M&Ms as you prefer as well as ½ c white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough and roll it into balls. Add 5 whole M&M to the top center of each dough ball. Add a few white chocolate chips on top as well.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
More easy Easter Cookies
For more Easter Cookies, be sure to check out some of these other favorites that are simple, festive and great to enjoy for Easter!
All yummy – all great for Easter!