Make a Glow in the Dark Easter Egg hunt your new Easter tradition. Just add glow sticks and candy to your plastic eggs and hide them at night for a fun family activity!
Create a fun activity for both kids and adults to enjoy after Easter Dinner! Everyone will love it so much, you’ll have to make it a yearly Easter tradition.
The Kids’ Favorite Easter Tradition
It’s already almost Easter! Can you believe it?
Well, to get crackin’ on this upcoming holiday, I wanted to share with you some fun ideas that we’ve made a tradition in our family.
Every year on Easter, we always do an Easter brunch or Easter dinner with extended family, but something we started doing with our kids is a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt!
The kids LOVE it! It is so easy to do and so fun too! All you do is grab some plastic eggs, fill them with glow sticks and candy, and hide them in the yard (or the house!) at night when it’s dark. The kids (& tweens and teens) go nuts!!
what you need
- Plastic Easter Eggs (medium – large size work best)
- Glow Sticks – glow bracelet size (found in the dollar section at Target, Michael’s, Dollar Store) – or Mini Glow Sticks
1. Snap glow sticks so they are glowing and insert into eggs along with some candy. TIP: The regular sized glow sticks can be a little tricky to fit in and close easily. The easiest thing we’ve found that helps is tying them in a knot and then putting it inside the egg. 🙂
2. Tape shut, if needed, and HIDE while glow sticks are glowing.
That’s it – Told you it was EASY!
What’s great about these eggs is that are FUN! Even the hubby was temped to go out and find them during the hunt since he thought they looked so cool.
I promise this will become your kids’ new favorite Easter tradition.
Now you can do it with your own kiddos at home and I promise they’ll love it!
For more Easter fun, check out:
Glow in the Dark Easter Eggs
- Plastic Easter Eggs medium or large size work best
- Glow Sticks found in the dollar section at Target, Michael’s, Dollar Store, or Mini Glow Sticks
- Snap glow sticks so they are glowing and insert into eggs along with some candy. TIP: The regular sized glow sticks can be a little tricky to fit in and close easily. The easiest thing we’ve found that helps is tying them in a knot and then putting it inside the egg.
- Tape shut, if needed, and HIDE while glow sticks are glowing.
We loved this activity. But we used it for FHE and my husband used the story in Enos of the Brother of Jared- where the Lord lights the stones. I’m sure my kids will never forget this scripture story, because of the glow-in-the- dark eggs! 🙂
LOVE THE IDEA!!! I’m so glad they liked it. 😀
We did the Easter egg glow in dark. With glow Sticks in colored eggs with candy didn’t work well. The kids couldn’t hardly tell what color the eggs were. Since they had a certain color to hunt. Can someone tell us what we did wrong.
Hmmm, we have done it several times each year for the past few years and it’s always worked. Were your glow sticks new and bright?
ohh woww they are looking cool , this is such a great idea , glow eggs or balloons
The kids love these things!! Glow sticks come in handy in so many ways! I’m glad you like this idea!!
and I m happy that a blogger herself answering me 😀 you have a lot of followers on facebook , you have a big amount of fan of your party ideas 🙂
Oh, thank you so much!!! We love to throw parties and it is so much more fun when you can share what you did and your ideas! So many fun ideas out there!
Hi! Stumbled upon your link + wanted to share something thAt has worked well for Us over the years. I purchase The tea lights from the Dollar Tree. They come in packs of four + fit perfectly inside a plastic egg. Some are white light, some change colors. It is super easy to just turn theM on. We store and reuse them.
Good idea! Thank you for sharing that!
Egg hunt at night means fun for the whole family. The bigger kids love it just as much as the younger ones. It’s such a fun idea!
Such a cute idea for an Easter egg hunt! The grandkids love it.
Soooooo much fun! I’ve never seen mini glow in the dark glow sticks and those are way easier to use than the bracelet size.
Note- I don’t know if it was my phone being weird, but I got an Amazon error when I clicked on your mini glow stick link so I did a keyword search on amazon and you can get 200 mini sticks for $11. Great deal.
See More Comments